Non- Dorset Cricket Society

paul49

UTC Legend
If anyone is looking for something to do on a Thursday afternoon the DCS have our first speaker tomorrow to launch our 21st season.

Our speaker is Mark Garraway, former Hampshire cricketer who is now head cricket coach at Millfield School in Somerset.

Mark's current protégé is Hampshire Academy and England under 19 star fast bowler, Dom Kelly. We are hopeful that Dom will be in attendance but that is subject to his England u19 training commitments.

Our weekly meetings are held at the Hurn Bridge Sports Club Christchurch adjacent to the Dorset Cricket Centre commencing at 1.45pm. Members £5, non members £7, annual membership £10. Tea/coffee and biscuits afterwards. Visit our website dorsetcricketsociety.co.uk to see our full programme.

The Dorset Cricket Society is the only Cricket Society in the UK who meet on a weekly basis and our meetings run from October to the end of March.

If anyone is looking for something to do on a Thursday afternoon the DCS have our first speaker tomorrow to launch our 21st season.

Our speaker is Mark Garraway, former Hampshire cricketer who is now head cricket coach at Millfield School in Somerset.

Mark's current protégé is Hampshire Academy and England under 19 star fast bowler, Dom Kelly. We are hopeful that Dom will be in attendance but that is subject to his England u19 training commitments.

Our weekly meetings are held at the Hurn Bridge Sports Club Christchurch adjacent to the Dorset Cricket Centre commencing at 1.45pm. Members £5, non members £7, annual membership £10. Tea/coffee and biscuits afterwards. Visit our website dorsetcricketsociety.co.uk to see our full programme.

The Dorset Cricket Society is the only Cricket Society in the UK who meet on a weekly basis and our meetings run from October to the end of March.
Firstly @paul49, I'll try and find you at the next meeting! Can't make tomorrow but will be there next week, usually with or chatting to Derek (I'm an old Suttoner).

For others... the DCS is ridiculously good value and I think is genuinely the best of its type in the country. Some of the speakers lined up this year are quite remarkable for a seemingly small society tucked away in Dorset. Last year someone got me to come along because the speaker was Jeff Mostyn and I landed up fixing it in my diary. Next week for example is the MD from Dukes cricket balls and later in the year Derek Pringle, Paul Farbrace, Angus Fraser show that the society has some excellent connections and genuinely punches above its weight.

On top of this later in the schedule, the chance to hear one of my all-time sporting heroes Kumar Sangakkara is pretty remarkable. And for a fiver.

If you do come along bring some cash - I didn't and my phone didn't work particularly well on the lid of the wonderfully old-school metal money tin.

Firstly @paul49, I'll try and find you at the next meeting! Can't make tomorrow but will be there next week, usually with or chatting to Derek (I'm an old Suttoner).

For others... the DCS is ridiculously good value and I think is genuinely the best of its type in the country. Some of the speakers lined up this year are quite remarkable for a seemingly small society tucked away in Dorset. Last year someone got me to come along because the speaker was Jeff Mostyn and I landed up fixing it in my diary. Next week for example is the MD from Dukes cricket balls and later in the year Derek Pringle, Paul Farbrace, Angus Fraser show that the society has some excellent connections and genuinely punches above its weight.

On top of this later in the schedule, the chance to hear one of my all-time sporting heroes Kumar Sangakkara is pretty remarkable. And for a fiver.

If you do come along bring some cash - I didn't and my phone didn't work particularly well on the lid of the wonderfully old-school metal money tin.
Look forward to meeting you. I will be on the front desk taking your money!

As you say we punch above our weight. We have an excellent programme through to the end of next March. Rod Bransgrove is always worth listening to as is Johnny Barclay. We have other cricketers lined up in David Payne, Gareth Berg and Bill Athey ex England and Yorkshire.

Kumar Sangakkara is now living in Sturminster Newton which is how we got lucky to get him. Like Sanath Jayasuria they both have children at Bryanston School. Sanath's son is a promising young cricketer who opened the batting for Wimborne this summer.

;