Non Emma Raducanu

No impressed by sacking her coach after us open, very poor form IMO

Coaches in tennis change all the time. Pretty certain she hadnt been with Richardson that long. Coaches can often take credit for other coaches work. They become "collectors" who tried to get the best players so they can add them to their cv of players. Thats the way of the sport.

I think he was more of a mentor and companion during the US Open and beforehand.

I understand he also wanted to stay at home with his young family.

The lady who beat Emma won against Halep (a to 10 player) last night so maybe just having a good run like Raducanu herself did?

I bet this was the first time she had really focused on tennis for a while too.

The rest of the year will be full of prize giving events to distract ER.

I mean they might as well had over the BBC award now..

I think he was more of a mentor and companion during the US Open and beforehand.

I understand he also wanted to stay at home with his young family.

The lady who beat Emma won against Halep (a to 10 player) last night so maybe just having a good run like Raducanu herself did?

I bet this was the first time she had really focused on tennis for a while too.

The rest of the year will be full of prize giving events to distract ER.

I mean they might as well had over the BBC award now..
Yes. I think she should enjoy this moment as best she can. Plenty of years ahead of her without a recent astonishing grand slam victory to live up to. As you say, she will suddenly have a million other demands being made upon her time at the moment and it will almost out of necessity divert some of her focus from her tennis until she gets used to it, or it all dies down a bit.

She hasn't forgotten how to play tennis, that's for sure, so I'd expect her to go into next season with a new approach and more at ease with the new situation she finds herself in. She may end up being a one hit wonder or she may not. But if she does, all the more reason why she should make the most of her amazing achievement this year. I hope she truly enjoys her current success and hopefully she has more successes to come in her future.

;