NON: End of an era Poole Town

As you say some of the timings are strange......I remember SoD getting sacked from Forest hours after they had just beat Leeds 4-2 !!

As you say some of the timings are strange......I remember SoD getting sacked from Forest hours after they had just beat Leeds 4-2 !!
Yeah and Poole lost at home Bank Holiday to Dorch 0-3, sacking him then would have made total sense. Possibly, at that point they made their mind up to do it but hadn't got a replacement lined up but now they have!! Conspiracy theory #26!! Word on the street, his replacement is ex Cherry Matt Tubbs. :cool:

Part of the Wimborne Town Wembley winning team and 20 years at Poole Town.
Played against him just after Wimborne had won at Wembley, at the Bere Regis 6 a side!
He scored a goal (against me) that made me realise the gulf in class - from the edge of the box he aimed for the inside of the post. I never stood a chance.
A few months later I booked an appointment with a solicitor... and guess who it was! We kept it serious and never discussed football.
A down to earth good person.

I went to the Bank Holiday game. For a local derby with a crowd of nearly 1000 Poole were shocking as an attacking force just a succession of headers over the bar with not a shot on target.

I thought at the time if a manager can't get his team motivated for such a Derby game then it's time for the manager to go.

Player exodus expected against a director they all despise who made the decision. His desire to get promoted may have backfired horribly with more expected to go and some refusing to play. A real mess.

Player exodus expected against a director they all despise who made the decision. His desire to get promoted may have backfired horribly with more expected to go and some refusing to play. A real mess.
But the players who have walked must surely have something in the pipeline with Killick. I would guess £150/£200 a game, not to be sniffed at, not too many could walk away from that.

There's a shock 3 players signed for Dorchester, nice bit of of pressure now on Howes the Dorch manager!

;