Non - Fabian Delph

£8.5m rising to £10m is what I read. Absolute bargain, but as @andyred says the price is probably low because his wages are massive. Over the 3 year contract it wouldn't surprise me if he costs £40m.

Could have been great for us, I'd have welcomed him.

However, when at Villa he picked up yellow cards like... er.. Lerma.

Not sure if when playing for a lesser side than Citeh whether that 'habit' will return to his game.

I've never been that impressed by him, but if someone's getting a lot of yellows I'd much prefer they get Lerma yellows than Arter yellows

£10m to buy Delph

£120k per week in wages

Seeing Villa fans faces as he scores the winner at Villa Park - Priceless.

Supposed to be a real asset in the dressing room too Delph. Looks very reasonable given some of the figures flying around. Age obviously a factor in his valuation.

Supposed to be a real asset in the dressing room too Delph. Looks very reasonable given some of the figures flying around. Age obviously a factor in his valuation.
With these sort of deals you’ve got to look at the whole package. £10m is a reasonable fee for his talent, but at £130k a week salary and probably at least £2m in signing bonus and another £1m on agents fees it comes in at well over £30m.

Now I’m sure people will point to expensive deals we’ve made, but in all our cases with the exception of Defoe, there is potential for resale profit. That won’t apply for Delph

;