Non- Favourite Concert Ever ....

Just for the situation- The Bluetones at the Eastleigh “ party on the green “ or whatever it was called , back mid-noughties…
It absolutely pissed down all day and there were only a handful of us in the ale tent come the end of the day - but they came on stage to end the day and belted out a quality set to thirty or so of us leaping about in the mud .:cool:

Book ends of my concert going life. Both concerts fit into the not to be forgotten category.

Queen at The Winter Gardens 1975.
Rammstein - Cardiff 2022
I wish I'd seen the Rammstein gig- they're the one band I'd really like to see now.

I wish I'd seen the Rammstein gig- they're the one band I'd really like to see now.
I've seen them three times, and each time the experience has been amazing. That's actually an understatement. Their show is mind blowing. They tour a lot but usually only 1 or two gigs in Blighty. It's worth considering getting a cheap flight and seeing them somewhere in Europe. I guarantee you wouldn't regret the effort.

The first two tone tour at the Leicester DeMontfort halls. We were all on stage for 'enjoy yourself'and it collapsed.

Spent some time working for an events company in 1980 and did Knebworth on soundcheck day. Got to hear the beach boys, Satana, the blues band and Elkie Brooks play with around 50 of us in the auditorium. Then had to go back and fit out the dressing rooms and met the Beach Boys and Brooks. Had a massive crush on her but jeezus she's scary when angry. Her and her fella were having a domestic and all I needed to know was where to put her mirror. I soon got told!

The first two tone tour at the Leicester DeMontfort halls. We were all on stage for 'enjoy yourself'and it collapsed.

Spent some time working for an events company in 1980 and did Knebworth on soundcheck day. Got to hear the beach boys, Satana, the blues band and Elkie Brooks play with around 50 of us in the auditorium. Then had to go back and fit out the dressing rooms and met the Beach Boys and Brooks. Had a massive crush on her but jeezus she's scary when angry. Her and her fella were having a domestic and all I needed to know was where to put her mirror. I soon got told!
How the stars tumble.
Elkie Brooks
On 1 March 1978, she married her sound engineer, Trevor Jordan,
They live in Devon and have two sons, Between 1981 and 2002 they lived in a mansion in a secluded area of north Dublin. However, in 1998, after her accountant informed her that he had not been paying her taxes, Brooks found herself in severe debt and was reduced to living in a mobile home.

Some great posts and lots of interesting comments. Brought back tons of memories from 60 years of concert going. Thanks TJ for kicking off the thread.

For me, my Favourite Concert Ever is and will always be the Beatles at the Gaumont, as it was the first big, live, loud show my parents let me go to!

If memory serves well, Billy J Kramer and Tommy Quickly were also on the billing.

Of no interest to anyone, the Favourite Concert I nEver got to see is a toss-up between Elvis ( although I'm still hopefull! ) and the Small Faces.

How the stars tumble.
Elkie Brooks
On 1 March 1978, she married her sound engineer, Trevor Jordan,
They live in Devon and have two sons, Between 1981 and 2002 they lived in a mansion in a secluded area of north Dublin. However, in 1998, after her accountant informed her that he had not been paying her taxes, Brooks found herself in severe debt and was reduced to living in a mobile home.
But in fairness, she looked amazing in tight jeans. Kept a 16 year old going for ages.

I have been to loads of concerts over the years but can still remember the Bowie concert in Manchester in the early seventies I got up at 6 to queue for tickets and got the front row, absolutely amazing probably still my favourite artist.

;