Non: FC Barcelona Match packages

SteveJonesLegend

Fans' Favourite
Trying to organise a match and accommodation package for a mate... Ive done some quick google searches but wondered if anyone had any advice on websites that offer good value and are reliable for tickets etc.. So far Ive only really tried Thomas sports...

Thx folks...

Hi.........

Done loads - to Barca, Seville, Real Madrid and Valencia....

It depends.........that's the answer to your question!!

It is much cheaper to do this yourself (rather than pay middle men all the way through) - but f you want to see a top match like El Classico then you will need to use a tour company.

If you are happy to do Barca playing Real Betis, Granadas or Malagas of the world then it is much cheaper to buy tickets direct from the web site or travel over and buy on the gate. They don't sell out against the bottom teams unless it is a title decider. Real Madrid release tickets a fortnight before - and I think Barca are the same. Last twice we went - we just travelled over and bought at the stadium. You have a better seat choice range too. Last time (because all six of us went) - we went up in the gods for 24 euros a seat. You can get lower down for 60 euros which is better to appreciate the magnitude of the stadium.

This way you can also get a better hotel and do the stadium tour whenever you want rather than be beholden to a tour operator who use questionable hotels and tell you when to be on the bus for everything.

That said - if you want to watch a good match then you will need to book way in advance. European nights also don't sell out until the latter stages.

To give yourself peace of mind then google the last two seasons attendances - you will see the games that never sell out and those are the ones you can either buy direct on the web or walk up to the ground. We bought tickets 4 mins before game started and ran in........it's not like England.

PM we if you want to know more.

I'm thinking of heading to Madrid after our game at Man City and going to Real on the Sunday, then Atleti on the Wednesday and planned to do it myself as Neil said.

I've done Barcelona half a dozen times. Usually fly from Gatwick, Easy Jet or Norwegian Air, use Booking.com for accommodation and buy match tickets either from the official sellers in town or the club ticket office.

One word of warning. If it's a Champions league game against an English side they won't sell tickets against a UK passport as ID. UEFA rules.

Also see if Barca B are playing in the adjacent mini stad on the same day and you get to see two matches.

I've used Football Breaks before to see Barcelona v Malaga. Must admit now I have done it you could easily book everything individually yourself. I just used them as less hassle.

Tickets can be bought at the ground or they have official ticket outlets on Las Ramblas in the city centre. Just don't expect to get tickets for El Classico!

Thx folks... Am gonna look into the DIY option, only thing is as it is for a mate, and a surprise, I kind of need to have everything sorted to just give to them and say... Thx :) So buying there is not an option really...

Thx again folks...

Yeah bit more difficult then. Also the fixtures in La Liga move more frequently than the PL, it's really annoying trying to plan. E.g. BBC dates totally different to other sites.

You can buy from the website and print tickets, which is what we did a few years ago. have to watch kick off times as our match didn't kick off till 10pm.

SteveJonesLegend - 8/8/2016 13:47

Thx folks... Am gonna look into the DIY option, only thing is as it is for a mate, and a surprise, I kind of need to have everything sorted to just give to them and say... Thx :) So buying there is not an option really...

Thx again folks...

You can buy from the website nearer the time. What happens is that the Barca members who aren't attending notify the club and you purchase tickets and print them off bar coded. Obviously not so many will do that for the better games.

Worth mentioning the Super Copa which for example this year is a two legged affair between Barcelona and Sevilla. Like a more competitive Community Shield. Not worth a special trip but well worth getting tickets for if you are in a relevant part of Spain in mid August. I saw Barcelona beat Real Madrid 3-1 at the Nou Camp in a really competitive Super Copa match about 4 or 5 years ago. Some of the best football I have ever seen.

Incidentally Valdes made a catastrophic error which gave Real Madrid their away goal and ultimately overall victory. Hopefully he will carry on doing that this season for Boro.

;