Non - Francis Lee

Huge player in MC' s history and folklore....top class...fast and direct.. very aggressive too, especially in the derby games with Utd .
Also a big player at Bolton from 59 to 67.
RIP.

RIP

I think it was When Saturday Comes who used to refer to him as "Lee (pen), so effective was he at gaining spot kicks. A great player.

Bournemouth were away at Southport that weekend and I went to see Francis Lee and Denis Law play for Man City at the Dell instead. Sadly, Lee didn't play that afternoon. However City had an amazing range of striking talent. That afternoon, as well as Denis Law, City had Mike Summerbee, Colin Bell, Frank Carrodus and Rodney Marsh. Not playing along with Lee were Alan Oakes and Dennis Tueart. Imagine having eight players in the squad all capable of getting goals.

Bournemouth were away at Southport that weekend and I went to see Francis Lee and Denis Law play for Man City at the Dell instead. Sadly, Lee didn't play that afternoon. However City had an amazing range of striking talent. That afternoon, as well as Denis Law, City had Mike Summerbee, Colin Bell, Frank Carrodus and Rodney Marsh. Not playing along with Lee were Alan Oakes and Dennis Tueart. Imagine having eight players in the squad all capable of getting goals.

There's some great names there mate.

Lee one pen, wasn't the joke that some thought him Chinese.......

Great player, just one of those players that made you smile when they played.

Good fight with Norman Hunter, they might be sharing a pint tonight....RIP.

;