Non - Free Tickets For All At Fortuna Dusseldorf!

Yes, it's true. For the next 3 games, Fortuna are giving away all 52,000 tickets, to reconnect the club with the community.

Hey Jim, now that's what I call a wave !

Sadly you’ve used Bill and giving away in the same sentence.

Yes, it's true. For the next 3 games, Fortuna are giving away all 52,000 tickets, to reconnect the club with the community.

Hey Jim, now that's what I call a wave !

Absolutely ridiculous.

Clubs will only survive if they fcuk the fans off and continue to squeeze the assets by maximising income. Some would argue that’s taking the pi$$…I (well Jim really) would argue no, you should be paying to pi$$! And if you think that’s cr@p, well you should be paying double for that!

it looks like they been getting 20k under max attendance each game (maybe more in a couple) so maybe a PR exercise to try and fill stadium once offer has ended, where as we don't need that yet
Thanks for some context. Its still a good thing to do, and I feel that afcb could make some easy vwins just with some small actions.

Thanks for some context. Its still a good thing to do, and I feel that afcb could make some easy vwins just with some small actions.
yeah for sure with free tickets I suspect more is spent at club on match day so maybe not as big as a money hit as it sounds, but a excellent incentive for new fans to catch the bug

yeah for sure with free tickets I suspect more is spent at club on match day so maybe not as big as a money hit as it sounds, but a excellent incentive for new fans to catch the bug

Yes. Reality is they wouldn't be giving tickets away if they were able to sell them.

It is a nice gesture of course, but being cynical, by reconnecting with community, you could say it means getting fans back in to buy tickets, catch the bug and buy tickets/stuff afterwards.

They haven't got anything to lose really, unless fans decide to riot and destroy the stadium during those matches.

For years now, Bradford City have had the policy of extremely cheap tickets as a way to fill the stadium, which they'd never be able to do usually in League Two, with all the spin-off benefits.

What's better, 20,000 fans paying,say, a tenner each, or 5,000 fans paying £40 each ?

it looks like they been getting 20k under max attendance each game (maybe more in a couple) so maybe a PR exercise to try and fill stadium once offer has ended, where as we don't need that yet
You also have to remember that they play in the second division, so 30k crowds is very good. Its more to connect with the community and give back.

Prevent fans on high points that already can’t get a ticket just to give away to fans that had never been….not sensible until build anew ground imho

Bradford is a great example of filling every seat.
Sadly we have the opposite problem of having too many potential fans never being able to watch the team.
Here's an idea... Next 3 games only fans with ZERO points are allowed tickets!
;)

You could argue this is another solid reason to build 25k stadium, rather than 20k.

If we do slide down the divisions, a give a load of tickets away, or charge much, much lower...

You get to mitigate the risk of playing in a two thirds empty stadium, retain a decent atmosphere and you're getting more people hooked in...

You could argue this is another solid reason to build 25k stadium, rather than 20k.

If we do slide down the divisions, a give a load of tickets away, or charge much, much lower...

You get to mitigate the risk of playing in a two thirds empty stadium, retain a decent atmosphere and you're getting more people hooked in...
Every club would be doing it if it really was a money spinner surely?

Every club would be doing it if it really was a money spinner surely?

Fair point. Reminds me of some club owner/director years ago.

He made unpopular comment about it being more in clubs interest to charge higher price for tickets, close a stand or two down and not have to worry about things like additional policing, staff and other overheads...

;