Non - From the Jam and the Purple Hearts ..

OLDSKOOL

Fans' Favourite
Gig tonight at the Academy - 45 year anniversary of All Mod Cons .
Anyone going ? Should be very good .

Yes I am.

Missed them every time they've been before.

Expensive for essentially a tribute band but need to get out the house as I'm hating Winter already .

Thought about it but I've been out 2 nights in a row so I'll give it a miss.

Saw the Jam twice on the All Mod Cons tour, at the Rainbow. Fabulous. I'll rest on those memories.

Thought about it but I've been out 2 nights in a row so I'll give it a miss.

Saw the Jam twice on the All Mod Cons tour, at the Rainbow. Fabulous. I'll rest on those memories.
Two nights in a row! You’ll have to bring out the pipe and slippers for a few days to get over it.

Had a checked back through the Fritter archives. Saw them 7 times. The Rainbow gigs were just something else.

I took 30 Finnish students to see them in 1977 at the Village. It cost a pound and you got a free badge.

Yes I am.

Missed them every time they've been before.

Expensive for essentially a tribute band but need to get out the house as I'm hating Winter already .
Yes - and I’ve never seen the Jam or Purple Hearts before in any incarnation!

I saw the style council maybe 4 times and Weller solo a few times. Best was at Poole Rats centre after first album came out. 2 thirds full and magnificent.

Anyone else go?

Very enjoyable ,Bruce Foxton is such a legend ,looking very old now but he still puts 100 percent into it.

I was just too young to ever have seen the Jam live but loved them at school,all that stuff plus 2 tone was the first music and fashion I took notice of.

I've seen Weller solo though and I'm a big fan of most of the stuff he's done

Purple Hearts were good support too,kind of like the Jam but with a more punk vocal.

Saw a few old faces ,got pretty drunk ,now hungover.

Anyone else go?

Very enjoyable ,Bruce Foxton is such a legend ,looking very old now but he still puts 100 percent into it.

I was just too young to ever have seen the Jam live but loved them at school,all that stuff plus 2 tone was the first music and fashion I took notice of.

I've seen Weller solo though and I'm a big fan of most of the stuff he's done

Purple Hearts were good support too,kind of like the Jam but with a more punk vocal.

Saw a few old faces ,got pretty drunk ,now hungover.
Pretty much the same - loved all the music but too young to go and see the bands play .
Purple Hearts were excellent- not always sounded great live in the past but this was the first time I’d seen them live and they were great .

FTJ excellent too - Bruce has been quite Ill so great to see him still performing so well ..

Top night , hungover too !

Best was at Poole Rats centre after first album came out. 2 thirds full and magnificent.

This.

A real high point after so many years

Not as good as the Bowl in 77? though.

I recall Weller having a right strop and threatening to walk off stage unless the spitting stopped.

This.

A real high point after so many years

Not as good as the Bowl in 77? though.

I recall Weller having a right strop and threatening to walk off stage unless the spitting stopped.

I'll consult the archives.
I recall not being that impressed by them in 1977.

;