Non- Gaming advice

drd

Star Player
I am the Space Invaders generation and need some advice. My son has a PS4 at his mum's, but looking to buy a second hand console for when he is at mine. PS4 would make more sense as he already has the games, but is there any huge advantage to an xbox? Also if PS4, do I need a 1TB or is 500GB enough?
Obviously it is largely for him, but I will be getting FIFA so I can take AFCB to European glory

I’d say the best way to look at it is what his mates play on. It might not be what you want now, but he’s going to be playing online before too long. For what it’s worth, I had an Xbox 360 but went for the PS4 and I’m happy with my choice. The new God of War is spectacular.

Edit - get the 1tb version, the games eat up memory.

My 11 year old says it has to be a PS4 all day long. Also, he would recommend the 1TB as he sometime has to delete games to fit new ones on his 500GB.

I’d say the best way to look at it is what his mates play on.

This x 1000. Forget which system is better and all that and just make sure it's the one his friends have. That's the number one most important thing.

My kids are way too young for this yet but it was like that when I was at school and has been the same for all my nieces and nephews when they've gone through the gaming stage and the ones old enough to have done that range from 14 to mid 20s.

PS4 if he already has one.
Not much to choose performance wise - most ‘big’ games are on both consoles, but there are more exclusives on PS4 than Xbox.
I have xbox one and am sick I can’t play God of War.
As said, it’s mostly about online gaming - so go with with what his mates have.
And - always go for the biggest storage you can afford - finding space for new games is a pain.

If he's using a PS4, then stay within the PS4 world. Otherwise he'll need to buy all new games, rather than just bring a disc over. Also he can use the same account, same games, against the same friends on the machine at yours as he does at his mums

Ask him what he wants?

Deffo get the 1tb version, 500gb is not enough. And, if you have the cash get him a ps4 pro.

At this stage there’s not really much benefit to getting an Xbox. Especially if you’re son has already got a PS4, and he likes it. The PS4 is the better console with much better games (imo). As others said, get 1tb version too if you’re planning on getting a decent amount of games.

Though the PS5/Xbox?? will probably be coming out within the next 2 years, if you want to save your money :grinning:

thanks for all the replies- looks like PS4 then. And if you can all chip in a tenner for convincing me I need the 1 TB:)

;