Non - General Election

blandford_cherry

UTC Legend
Seems it could be incoming although I can’t really keep up, a day is along time in politics at the moment let alone a week, either way it looks more or less certain we will have one before the years out and I think Boris would probably come out of it quite well.

Labour are a mess, Lib Dem’s and the Brexit party would also do well.

Doesnt seem that ANY politician is being believed about anything as it stands.....but the arrogant bastards still carry on in the same unflinching, clandestine, furtive hole and corner manner!

Plainly down to him not lying and not being two faced enough for modern politics :slap:
If he'd properly opposed Brexit (rightly or wrongly) rather than trying to save the situation by just opposing a no deal he'd have been a shoe in. I think the majority of his supporters were super-pro EU/anti Brexit and he basically gave them the middle finger.

I imagine it'll be Lib Dems vs Conservatives and whoever Farage is in charge of by then with a predicatbly even split between the parties who are pro remain and pro Brexit.

It may be that the Labour Party is about to shoot the liar's fox by not agreeing to vote for a General Election before 31st October.

Amazing really. The MP who supposedly never lies, but changes his position to chase the latest trend, who has always said he wants an election as that’s the right way “to put it back to the people”, gets the opportunity and then...says nah you’re alright...

Does anyone know what happens if 2/3’s of parliament don’t agree to a general election if Boris decides to go ahead with one? I take it we remain as we are and the threat of no deal increases?

Amazing really. The MP who supposedly never lies, but changes his position to chase the latest trend, who has always said he wants an election as that’s the right way “to put it back to the people”, gets the opportunity and then...says nah you’re alright...
He is saying there should be a general election but not before Oct 31. As usual, Johnson is playing games with the country to try and get his own way.

So the guy who says he doesn’t want an election is going to try and call one. In return, the guy who spent months saying he wants an election is not going to accept it. The guy who called it meanwhile says he’ll chuck anyone who disagrees with PM policy out even though he did exactly that to become PM in the first place.

Welcome to Brexit inspired 21st century politics.

;