Non: Grammar question

dj_silver

Fans' Favourite
Okay clever edukated chaps.

Should you finish this sentence with a question mark, although it finishes with a statement. :unsure:

Any plans for tomorrow, weather is supposed to be okay.

It's upspeak or ' Australian Question Intonation' (AQI). Making every statement sound like a question having an upward inflection at the end. It is looked down upon in 'academic' circles, but I think your statement is fine.
(Unless you say my last sentence with AQI and it becomes a question!)

(Have you got) Any plans for tomorrow? (The) Weather is supposed to be okay.

Technically, without the bits in brackets, it's grammatically incorrect, but we often break rules in informal English. You need a question mark after first and full stop after the second. Unless you stick in a conjunction like 'because'. In that case, just a question mark right at the end. Options:

Any plans for tomorrow? Weather is supposed to be okay.

Any plans for tomorrow because the weather is supposed to be okay?

It is informal, to a photography mate of mine.
Yeah two sentences is the way to go, I just put it down the way I thought it, the way it came out (Oooo Matron!).

Thank you my most learned colleagues. :tophat:

(Have you got) Any plans for tomorrow? (The) Weather is supposed to be okay.

Technically, without the bits in brackets, it's grammatically incorrect, but we often break rules in informal English. You need a question mark after first and full stop after the second. Unless you stick in a conjunction like 'because'. In that case, just a question mark right at the end. Options:

Any plans for tomorrow? Weather is supposed to be okay.

Any plans for tomorrow because the weather is supposed to be okay?

(Do you have) any plans for the weather? Would be better, apparently. My old Latin teacher had a terrible aversion to the word "got" and always insisted that it was improper.

From what I remember many years ago at grammar school, there is nothing wrong with that example. As the sentence does not end with a question, a question mark would be superfluous.

The word 'because' (the) as a conjunction in - between..is the simple way forward with this ...to qualify a question mark at the end.
Or leave it as it is, most folk would assume it's a question (?).

;