Non - Guitar Solos

I got so excited when I saw the mention of Slash, a true guitar god for me, that I missed the part about best solo.

There are many that are very well known, but I'll throw in this one that is a bit obscure. Main solo comes in around 4 minutes. Seen live, it's blistering.

That’s not too shabby:bow::clap:

Done it! My first link. To save drowning in a song you probably needed acid to get through the key guitar bits as promised are from the beginning to about 1m 30. Then 5m20 to 6m 50 and then the stellar ending which starts at 9m 20. Fantastically unusual bass style as well from the bassist playing an electronic bass like a skiffle double bass.

Last edited:
Done it! My first link. To save drowning in a song you probably needed acid to get through the key guitar bits as promised are from the beginning to about 1m 30. Then 5m20 to 6m 50 and then the stellar ending which starts at 9m 20. Fantastically unusual bass style as well from the bassist playing an electronic bass like a skiffle double bass.
You needn't have bothered Neil.....what a load of rubbish....:D just a load of crappy shredding....your taste in guitarists is as bad as your taste in assistant managers it seems!....;)

FWIW i also think Slash is one of the most overrated guitar players of all time....

Just been listening to November rain and as always I am blown away by the Slash Guitar solo. Am I over rating it or is it as great as I think it is?
Got me thinking. What are people's favourite guitar Solos? Sorry, seasons over - bored already.

Not over rating it at all, just an all time classic moment.

A couple of my favourites.....
Iron Maiden - Phantom Of The Opera [ especially the Live After Death version ]
Alter Bridge - Blackbird

You needn't have bothered Neil.....what a load of rubbish....:D just a load of crappy shredding....your taste in guitarists is as bad as your taste in assistant managers it seems!....;)

FWIW i also think Slash is one of the most overrated guitar players of all time....

The start of the song.... shredding? Define shredding?

Top, my man ...... that hurts. Soon you'll be telling us that Secretariat should have been in a petting zoo, and that Northern Dancer, the Canadian horse that was one of the most successful sires in history, had a tiny horse-pecker!

Top, my man ...... that hurts. Soon you'll be telling us that Secretariat should have been in a petting zoo, and that Northern Dancer, the Canadian horse that was one of the most successful sires in history, had a tiny horse-pecker!

Sorry Toronto .....:grinning:
Northern Dancer was the Daddy tbf....Secretariat meh..... up there with Ben Johnson and Lance Armstrong imo.

A few years ago my metal music mad son got let down by a friend who couldn't go to see Opeth at the Pyramid, Portsmouth, so I took him instead, what a great night:

;