Non: Historical Statues

Head of a state of a country that's been self-governing for 150 years

Nevermind 150 years ago she's the head of state now and has been for 70 years. She's also the head of the British Royal Family, which, whether you like it or not, is symbolic of the British state that colonised Canada. If she was just a non-political little old lady there wouldn't be statues of her. She is absolutely fair game for protests over the evils of imperialism.

But equally no need to pull it down, she's not been directly or indirectly responsible for the atrocities

Of course she's indirectly responsible. She is the latest in line of a 'family' that has ruled this country for a thousand years. They are only there because someone in their murky past killed, imprisoned or betrayed someone else. Why people hold them in esteem is beyond me.

Nevermind 150 years ago she's the head of state now and has been for 70 years. She's also the head of the British Royal Family, which, whether you like it or not, is symbolic of the British state that colonised Canada. If she was just a non-political little old lady there wouldn't be statues of her. She is absolutely fair game for protests over the evils of imperialism.
You say fair game, I say easy target

Of course she's indirectly responsible. She is the latest in line of a 'family' that has ruled this country for a thousand years. They are only there because someone in their murky past killed, imprisoned or betrayed someone else. Why people hold them in esteem is beyond me.
How is the current queen indirectly responsible for what happened in Canada before she was born?

Would it be your fault if your great-great-grandfather had broken a law, for example?

Christ !

....and while we are at it....let's pull all the statues of him down from inside churches etc.....and erect say statues of Diane Abbot. FFS!

God give me f√cking strength....oh 'ang on...any statues of Him. ? 'av them buggers down too !

How is the current queen indirectly responsible for what happened in Canada before she was born?

Would it be your fault if your great-great-grandfather had broken a law, for example?

She is the head of state and a symbol of imperialism. Its not blaming her as an individual but her position and what she represents. She doesn't have statues in Canada because she's a nice lady, they are there because if what she represents.

;