Non HM The Queen

Quote in a recent article that defines the Queen's relationship to Canada .....

The country lost its head of state, a monarch who presided over 70 of the 155 years Canada has been a nation. Twelve of Canada’s 23 prime ministers served her — she visited Canada 22 times, more than any other country, and was here in 1982 when the Constitution was repatriated.

note: I actually think she visited 23 times, but one was as Princess.

Weird feeling this morning, nothing I could put my finger on, just that something was missing.

The Queen was a magnificent example of duty and service. Her death is a momentous moment in this country’s history. She has been a unifying figure of pretty much universal respect throughout the world.

Entirely possible to be respectful and admiring of the Queen while also being critical of the royal family as a business. They are exempt from many laws, often at the Queen’s request. Inheritance tax appears to be something they avoid. Now would be a good time to review these laws and ensure they apply to all equally.
(Fat chance)

The Danish Queen should have been celebrating her 50 years of reign today.
Celebrations have now been cancelled in respect for the British Queen.
After the Queens death, the Danish Queen is now the longest serving Monarch alive.

1662800513016.png

Quote in a recent article that defines the Queen's relationship to Canada .....

The country lost its head of state, a monarch who presided over 70 of the 155 years Canada has been a nation. Twelve of Canada’s 23 prime ministers served her — she visited Canada 22 times, more than any other country, and was here in 1982 when the Constitution was repatriated.

note: I actually think she visited 23 times, but one was as Princess.

Weird feeling this morning, nothing I could put my finger on, just that something was missing.

Trudeau's tribute was quite moving

Always had an interest in history and tradition. We’re currently watching something that has never been broadcast before.

It’s not for everyone granted. But don’t see why it would be questioned why some wouldn’t be interested.
My point is that it's been going on for quite a while now. How do they keep it interesting without constantly repeating themselves?

My point is that it's been going on for quite a while now. How do they keep it interesting without constantly repeating themselves?

Live coverage of the Proclamation of His Majesty The King as the Accession Council meets at St James's Palace in London, attended by the new sovereign.
Never seen it before

;