Non: Howe to Sheff Utd

There are different ways of viewing and comparing....
..in one sense my post could be said to be pretty damn stupid...i'll grant that...
..but if there was suddenly no manager for whatever reason...covid or a sacking the night before a game.. the players still have to earn their big salaries on the pitch...I.e. take responsibility for performance...why there is a captain.
Subjective stuff about management...from us....could only really be backed up empirically...I.e. If we had a direct link to players under their charge or as a ghost in their dressing room - Close up Observation.

Yeah....I got that wrong....I'd thought they were 7th not 9th..
...however they won more games than lost with a 14 - 12 - 12 return and Equal goal diff.
.. something we didn't achieve in the 5 seasons.....just saying like !

You were partly right as I mentioned above.

We both finished 9th but they did have a few more points.

There are different ways of viewing and comparing....
..in one sense my post could be said to be pretty damn stupid...i'll grant that...
..but if there was suddenly no manager for whatever reason...covid or a sacking the night before a game.. the players still have to earn their big salaries on the pitch...I.e. take responsibility for performance...why there is a captain.
Subjective stuff about management...from us....could only really be backed up empirically...I.e. If we had a direct link to players under their charge or as a ghost in their dressing room - Close up Observation.

Why mention salaries, totally irrelavent. Sunday morning lads have a responsibilty on the pitch to their team mates, manager and supporters. Money has nothing to do with it.

I think he will eventually manage a team in either Spain, Italy or Germany. He’s an open admirer of European methods and probably would want to learn another language ....and he would be away from our press so could get on with the job he loves. But don’t think he will do anything until the absolutely right offer lands on his table

Salaries Totally Irrelevant ? ..so then we could pay them the same as a Binman...and it wouldn't make a difference...sounds good to me....and as it should be !

Salaries Totally Irrelevant ? ..so then we could pay them the same as a Binman...and it wouldn't make a difference...sounds good to me....and as it should be !

Totally missing the point. The relative size of what players are paid is irrelavent. If a Saturday afternoon player gets £50 a week or a Prem player £50,000 a week he has a responibilty to others in his team etc. Taking responsibilty for his/her performance is a given.

Not sure if this has been on this forum or not.

The coaches voice by Eddie Howe.

It is about his journey to and from Burnley, interesting read.

He then didn’t necessary want to stay near home, hence his move up North.

Mentions his time at Burnley, things he learnt from Brendan Rodgers and other coaches.

His first reaction on a return to AFCB, was no.

Article below.

https://www.coachesvoice.com/eddie-howe-burnley-bournemouth/

I wonder, when Eddie does decide to take his next management role, who he will choose as his #2.

I think he might take someone from our backroom team, trust, familiarity and all that.

I am confused now as to whether ,i'm 'Out of my Depth ' ...on the Forum, as regards my application of thought reference the idiosyncratic elements of Football....or ..or whether some on the Forum are Out of My Depth . :hmmm: :cool:....anyway its good fun !

Makes me laugh when people get so wound up about what footballers earn. They happen to be a tiny % of the population who are at the top of a profession which generates a ridiculous amount of revenue, entertains millions of other people.

Most people could do a bin mans job, not many could perform at the same level of elite footballers.

Makes me laugh when people get so wound up about what footballers earn. They happen to be a tiny % of the population who are at the top of a profession which generates a ridiculous amount of revenue, entertains millions of other people.

Most people could do a bin mans job, not many could perform at the same level of elite footballers.
How many people listen to a cd (old school I know!) and think the artist is earning XYZ and a bin man should get the same

Revenue ?...:cautious: ...Revenue....:hmmm:

Revenue for Who ? Taylor at the PFA ?

Not for the likes of....errrm. Fans.... No they Dob Out. . for season tickets and naff memorablia.. and bloody crap shirts ! Ha !

When a refuse collection company offers someone from a rival company 4 or 5 times the salary to do the same job for them because they're better at it, some of this page will make sense.

;