(non-ish) BBC Radio 5 now

I listen to this radio station pretty much all day and missed this bit because I had to do some bloody work. Typical.

Sorry I missed it I will catch it on iplayer.

I love 5live in the mornings, except Adrian Childs, and Drive but the show in the middle it too much like OK magazine style plus the presenters seem so young. Alex Dyke on Solent plays my era of music when I get the chance.

Def_II_Royalz - 6/12/2017 16:20

Did you like the bit where I completely zoned out and gave an answer to a question I imagined? Oopsh.

Didn't know you transfered to another band.

Let me guess..Undisclosed and Bloc Party have a buy back clause.

Just listened to "The Underside of Power" Not bad.
Fancy playing our local club next week as tribute act "Boyonce" has wimped out.

Twitter and "celeb" obsessed pap.

Apart from the football and Thursday nights I no longer bother which is a shame as for many years it was a wonderful station but gradually they have replaced journalists with failed game show hosts and northern agony aunts and it has become what it is now.

If the BBC wanted to save a few shillings they could do much worse than close this and rethink their football coverage completely.

hba1 - 6/12/2017 16:08

Sorry I missed it I will catch it on iplayer.

I love 5live in the mornings, except Adrian Childs, and Drive but the show in the middle it too much like OK magazine style plus the presenters seem so young. Alex Dyke on Solent plays my era of music when I get the chance.

Interesting. Was listening this afternoon thinking:"Who the hell is this London centric stuff aimed at?" Dont care that the presenters are young but their common general knowledge is so limited.

Not keen on the Scot in the early morning show, so listen to Dorset Solent on DAB, the presenter is Steve Harris who lives in Poole.

Stereo Underground almost every weekend, followed by a dose of the Hairy Rock Show and other assorted Planet Rock stuff.

Chris2001 - 6/12/2017 16:22

Interesting. Was listening this afternoon thinking:"Who the hell is this London centric stuff aimed at?" Dont care that the presenters are young but their common general knowledge is so limited.

London-centric but broadcast from Salford?

But more widely, there are still some good presenters - Peter Allen for example. But my decision to stop working from home and go back to an office came within a month of Richard Bacon replacing Simon Mayo.

;