Non (ish)... North London Forever

SteveJonesLegend

Fans' Favourite
Placed a 'non' in the title as it's not directly to do with us...

There's been a lot of discussion over the last season around music that we come out to, Nonny's chant, The Great Escape band and in general just trying to build an identity and atmosphere before/after the game...

We've seen 'Sweet Caroline' come and go (thank god) 'Enter Sandman' and potentially 'Freed from Desire' experimented with and we still seem set on the Great Escape band despite it largely been sung through recently...

Having stumbled across Louis Dunford and his 'The Angel (North London Forever)', I have to say, this is how it should be done...!!! Local lad writing about his local area and the love for Arsenal with an anthemic singalong section... It's also a great song...Bet it sounds great with 60k fans singing along.

I sadly don't have any suggestions but we need to stop trying to force our pre-match build up with some mainstream tripe and get creative... Explore options original and unique to us...

If only we too had a World famous singer/songwriter rock star amongst our ranks... :cool: ;) I'm off to listen to Silent Alarm... :)

Absolutely not! Cringey shite from some posh nepo baby tw@t pretending to be working class. Sums up that area I suppose.

Reactions: Mdl
Placed a 'non' in the title as it's not directly to do with us...

There's been a lot of discussion over the last season around music that we come out to, Nonny's chant, The Great Escape band and in general just trying to build an identity and atmosphere before/after the game...

We've seen 'Sweet Caroline' come and go (thank god) 'Enter Sandman' and potentially 'Freed from Desire' experimented with and we still seem set on the Great Escape band despite it largely been sung through recently...

Having stumbled across Louis Dunford and his 'The Angel (North London Forever)', I have to say, this is how it should be done...!!! Local lad writing about his local area and the love for Arsenal with an anthemic singalong section... It's also a great song...Bet it sounds great with 60k fans singing along.

I sadly don't have any suggestions but we need to stop trying to force our pre-match build up with some mainstream tripe and get creative... Explore options original and unique to us...

If only we too had a World famous singer/songwriter rock star amongst our ranks... :cool: ;) I'm off to listen to Silent Alarm... :)

Oh dear.

I trust Frank Turner's lawyers are on the case.

We had this.

To honour the club’s momentous recent success; Bournemouth-based singer, songwriter, musician, producer and Cherries fan, Adam Scholey has released “Eddie`s Army”, the Championship Promotion Anthem 2013!

We had this.

To honour the club’s momentous recent success; Bournemouth-based singer, songwriter, musician, producer and Cherries fan, Adam Scholey has released “Eddie`s Army”, the Championship Promotion Anthem 2013!

I don't want to fall foul of Rob again so I will say that this is the greatest single piece of music I have ever heard in my life.

We had this.

It lost me at “throw our arms in the air at the Goldsands…”

This song makes me feel all SDD…

Boo hoo.

I guess it had to be the best or the worst for you.

Did you get out of the wrong side of bed this morning? Listen to it :sick:.

On the OP and the Birds of a Feather bloke I just don't like people who are only where they are because of their parents pretending to be working class so they can cash in. Insincere and fake.

Did you get out of the wrong side of bed this morning? Listen to it :sick:.

On the OP and the Birds of a Feather bloke I just don't like people who are only where they are because of their parents pretending to be working class so they can cash in. Insincere and fake.
Who’s this ‘Birds of a Feather’ bloke…???

I think you’re all overthinking this.
Why can’t we just have a Wurlitzer organ ascend into the pitch’s centre circle, banging out a rousing rendition of “Oh I do like to be beside the seaside” ?
I think that would fit us to a tee and it also has that little bit of stateside pizazz to keep the new owners happy.
The organist can be clothed or naked.
Job done.

;