Non(ish) Superbowl and Soccer Ball.

purbeck67

First Team
Lots of stops and starts, some purely for advertising purposes in that big game of catch last night.
Made me think how FIFA must be looking at the revenue streams and thinking that a 2 minute break at 22 minutes of a half could bring in billions of advertising revenue. Billions are watching the biggest games.
We are starting to get drinks breaks... and with the next World Cup in the USA, will we start to see a break 'purely for the comfort of the players' becoming the norm in the game?
Imagine that clubs, Sky, TNT, the EPL, FPL, UEFA & Jim Foley must be thinking how to get even more revenue out of each game (and not just extra pork pie and pints of Carlsberg being drunk).

I'm going to predict that the World Cup in the USA will have something (we shall be told it is for the benefit of the players) that will stop the game.
"Today's drinks break is brought to you by Gatorade, refreshment and rehydration in every drop."

Lots of stops and starts, some purely for advertising purposes in that big game of catch last night.
Made me think how FIFA must be looking at the revenue streams and thinking that a 2 minute break at 22 minutes of a half could bring in billions of advertising revenue. Billions are watching the biggest games.
We are starting to get drinks breaks... and with the next World Cup in the USA, will we start to see a break 'purely for the comfort of the players' becoming the norm in the game?
Imagine that clubs, Sky, TNT, the EPL, FPL, UEFA & Jim Foley must be thinking how to get even more revenue out of each game (and not just extra pork pie and pints of Carlsberg being drunk).

I'm going to predict that the World Cup in the USA will have something (we shall be told it is for the benefit of the players) that will stop the game.
"Today's drinks break is brought to you by Gatorade, refreshment and rehydration in every drop."
If you watch football in other countries they have advertising during the game. There will be some stamped on the screen and in quiet periods the game will shrink to a corner and the remaining screen will contain an advert.

I'm not a fan but it's far more effective as an advert than a break in play because you just do something else.

VAR sponsored by SpecSavers.

I remember a podcast saying that the adverts we see on the pitch side boards can be different for different countries!

VAR sponsored by SpecSavers.

I remember a podcast saying that the adverts we see on the pitch side boards can be different for different countries!
I can confirm that for at least some Bundesliga matches, what appears on TV on the electronic sign boards is not what's visible in the stadium. I have also heard that there may be two "main" cameras, one for international viewers and one for domestic, and that the electronic boards visible to each have different content.
The National Hockey League broadcasts I see have TVmarket advertising superimposed over the "boards" and other ad logos projected at selected spots on the ice surface.

I can confirm that for at least some Bundesliga matches, what appears on TV on the electronic sign boards is not what's visible in the stadium. I have also heard that there may be two "main" cameras, one for international viewers and one for domestic, and that the electronic boards visible to each have different content.
The National Hockey League broadcasts I see have TVmarket advertising superimposed over the "boards" and other ad logos projected at selected spots on the ice surface.
F1 allow local TV providers like sky to resale certain boards virtually. The technology is quite clever.

Test cricket from Australia has virtual ads on the field. I couldn't work out why the ad at the far end (behind the wicket keeper) was facing the right way for the camera.

This Superbowl Superficial Sh*te....we are seeing across the pond....

....haha...it's only a matter of time before we have the same over here...when the Yanks get their teeth further engaged...s' like a snake swallowing a live frog....

Couple of years time...." Wish I'd listened to that ol' New Old Cherry"
The man you can't gag.....you try but his NOC Vision is Cosmic ...out of reach even ?

;