Non - Jamie Redknapp

Twynham was a very flawed school though, teachers back in the day -loads of alcoholics, had a drama teacher Mr Le Brocq that was sleeping with 14 year old boys and headmaster Dr Fish that was a prat trying to hide away all the shite and run a state school like a private one. And then you had the pupils, most of which that ran away whenever Porchester or St Peters turned up after school.

Last edited:
Was t his brother meant to be a better player but less committed ? Jamie was very good and not long after he left Scott Mean came through who I thought was a great talent but injuries destroyed him. Jamie had a few knocks too. Does he still live in Dorset ?
Mark had serious ankle injuries which impacted his footballing career.

Was t his brother meant to be a better player but less committed ? Jamie was very good and not long after he left Scott Mean came through who I thought was a great talent but injuries destroyed him. Jamie had a few knocks too. Does he still live in Dorset ?
Scott Mean was a terrific player, better potential than, dare I say, Bishop. A footballer’s career used to be so precarious, all of these players would’ve been restored to almost 100% today

Scott Mean was a terrific player, better potential than, dare I say, Bishop. A footballer’s career used to be so precarious, all of these players would’ve been restored to almost 100% today
Scott Mean played a good part in the Great Escape 95, he went on to act in Dream Team series which was a good watch.

I agree had huge potential to be imo one of the best for us and be a top level player ( I know he played top level but was a shadow of himself ) Like you stated now he would most likely make a 100% recovery.

Twynham was a very flawed school though, teachers back in the day -loads of alcoholics, had a drama teacher Mr Le Brocq that was sleeping with 14 year old boys and headmaster Dr Fish that was a prat trying to hide away all the shite and run a state school like a private one. And then you had the pupils, most of which that ran away whenever Porchester or St Peters turned up after school.

The Twynham boys ran away when the Beaufort boys turned up as well. Also remember Beaufort and Porchester boys teaming up over Kings Park v St Thomas Moore Catholics (now St Peter’s) at the end of term. (Just like the lyrics in Madness Baggy Trousers )

;