NON - JEREMY KYLE ITV

Winsor Cherry

Star Player
Personally I'm not at all bothered about the show being permanently cancelled however it does sound to me that the decision has been made very hastily, probably in an attempt to protect the image of ITV but this reaction I feel may actually back fire on them.

I'm thinking by cancelling the show, removing all episodes from catch up and deleting all from YouTube it could be implied that they accept some responsibility opening themselves up to claims from all and sundry that have appeared on previous shows.

It appears a chap who volunteered to go on the show was attempting to prove he wasn't a cheat, he was put up in a hotel, had his moment of fame on TV, he then subsequently failed the lie detector. As a result of this his partner kicks him out and then a week later he is then found dead in his newly rented flat.

Why people wish to air their dirty laundry in public is beyond me, had this chap decided to privately come clean maybe his partner would have forgiven him or maybe he would of felt that he could move forward without her. At the end of the day I fail to see that ITV have done anything wrong but now a lot of people are looking for work.

I'm not sure how I can continue with the rest of my life having seen the news of the demise of the Jeremy Kyle Show.

Thankfully I have never watched the show so I'm hopeful that, with counselling, I can recover from never having seen it.

We've had wall to wall news coverage of this story of one tragic death relating to the crass circus that was this TV show.

Meanwhile 71 military personnel and veterans (that we know of) took their own lives in 2018. If only we had as much media coverage and pressure for them, perhaps then more would be done for these chaps.

We've had wall to wall news coverage of this story of one tragic death relating to the crass circus that was this TV show.

Meanwhile 71 military personnel and veterans (that we know of) took their own lives in 2018. If only we had as much media coverage and pressure for them, perhaps then more would be done for these chaps.

This is an excellent point.

...It could be a significant point in how the media 'exploits' the underbelly of society for it's own sensationalist gain. There are far more reality situations that would benefit from TV exposure, like NSM has said.

I believe that TV Producers have a duty of care to encourage better moral guidance and highlight some of the more substantial issues with our often broken society...

Someone on Twitter also made the point that Love Island, since 2018, has had double the related suicides as the Jeremy Kyle show has in its entire run, and yet its gearing up for another season later this year.

I suppose Reality Shows fall under the heading ' Entertainment'.....and are just that but......I remember the early ones featuring mainly members of the public...then some very averagely talented Celebs being brought in instead to boost viewing figures.....as if watching that Oafess like
Tara Palmer whatsername swallowing a bulls bollock was something to switch the TV on for ! ( however she probably wouldnt have had much problem swallowing the other bull bits! )
And why do they call them Reality Shows ? No more Real than Anything else !
Programmes about Animals ( not their bits) are far more watchable !

The very worst one is Love Island...bastards...why do people like that who are advantaged with their looks need help and money chucked at them to find Love. Disgusting piece of Sh#t on a par with the jeremys ' Crap!
..and the moronic Big Brother!

Last edited:
The Jeremy Kyle show has been on TV pretty much every day for 14 years...

But the world and it's wife are behaving like a shocking new phenomenon has suddenly crashed onto our TVs.

Yes, I understand that this guests tragic death is the immediate reason for the discussion but if this show was so bad then why wasn't there a massive daily outcry before now and why wasn't it taken off air years earlier?

Probably because it was watched by, and potentially affected, the poorer end of society and who gives a **************** about them?

That programme has been doing the same thing day in, day out, and never been short of willing participants. There must have been thousands appear on that stage.

So I'm not defending the show - I don't like it and I can't stand him - but I am sick of the sanctimonious band-wagon jumping both in the media and on social media over the last few days.

He had got to be one of the dislikeable men to grace our screens. There’s a lot of clever points on this thread but ignoring them for a minute I’m glad to be shot of him.

Revelling in others misfortune, bear baiting people to misbehave, sanctimoniously judging them then patronising them in their recovery offer..... all done in an obsessively egotistical way. You couldn’t get a lower person morally in my eyes and I hope he remains in a TV wilderness.

;