Non Keown

Cherriess

First Team
Watching FA Cup tie. Am not supporting Chelsea of course, but Keown's commentary is so irritating. Thought commentators were supposed to be balanced. Who are the best commentators do we think?

Watching FA Cup tie. Am not supporting Chelsea of course, but Keown's commentary is so irritating. Thought commentators were supposed to be balanced. Who are the best commentators do we think?
He was on BBC Final Score yesterday. I’ve cleaned things out of my garage this weekend that have more charisma and engaging football insight than Mr Keown.

No idea. Don't have a clue who's commentating on games I watch us play on sky or streams.

Just some background noise that's there to me.

Best commentator I can remember was an older chap in late 80s and 90s on eurosport and tge other more marginal sky/bsb sports channel.

Used to call it as he saw it, which lead to some odd/inappropriate comments most games.

Great value.

The people that do the commentary for the american streams are usually better, but I tend to have no idea who they are. Effan Ekoku is 1 of them I think?

I preferred the days when you ONE commentator…all this expert stuff is bunkum I think we can as fans work out what is going on when we watch matches!
Most proper coms just said very little… nowadays they blab too much

The people that do the commentary for the american streams are usually better, but I tend to have no idea who they are. Effan Ekoku is 1 of them I think?
Many of the commentators you hear on the American streams, including I think Efan, are actually working those games for the EPL's international streams. He is good. NBC in the States has two or three teams of their own, including Peter Drury, John Champion, Graeme (sp?) Lesaux (sp?) and Lee Dixon. Of those, Drury and Dixon are my favorites.

Which is why MOTD is so boring these days. More time is spent on the pundits giving their ‘expert’ view than on the football itself.
Makes sense. When you factor in what they people like Linekar. Egos and 'personalities...'.

Most ( well I don't...) don't really care who hosts it/pundits... certainly nowhere near enough to justify the disgusting wage he draws from it.

;