non Kings Park Nursery

hba1

Fans' Favourite
Sadly closing down this week as part of the Lib Dem cuts. Obviouosly a lot of plants sold over the past few days (mostly 50% off already low prices) but worth a gander if you are about today and tomorrow.

I'm no fan of the Lib Dems but it's not just them that is in power at BCP it is a coalition of them and mostly Independents who are also mostly right of the Tories. Also don't forget the Tory government's desire to lower everyone's taxes has resulted in swingeing cuts to all public services and all local authority government funding hence the maximum permissible rise in our Council Tax this coming year.
But yes I agree it is sad they feel they have to close Kings Park Nursery.

Should have closed down the Air Festival instead!
:throw:

It’s all for a saving of £80k a year, but they have now got to go out and buy all the plants and employ people to plant them in the gardens or are we going to have a lot of very plain gardens around BCP. Surely they could have got rid of a manager to gover the loss

I'm no fan of the Lib Dems but it's not just them that is in power at BCP it is a coalition of them and mostly Independents who are also mostly right of the Tories. Also don't forget the Tory government's desire to lower everyone's taxes has resulted in swingeing cuts to all public services and all local authority government funding hence the maximum permissible rise in our Council Tax this coming year.
But yes I agree it is sad they feel they have to close Kings Park Nursery.

Should have closed down the Air Festival instead!
:throw:
Tories lowering our taxes??? That's funny:)

It’s all for a saving of £80k a year, but they have now got to go out and buy all the plants and employ people to plant them in the gardens or are we going to have a lot of very plain gardens around BCP. Surely they could have got rid of a manager to gover the loss
80K.... Surely someone's got that to save the place for the community.

;