Non. Last album you listened to all the way through

"Words and Music" Jimmy Webb. "Once Before I Die" is a phenomenal piece of songwriting. So many gems sprinkled throughout his solo work.
Had the pleasure of seeing him at Cambridge Corn Exchange a few years back as my mate's band had managed to blag a support slot. It was quite sad really as there were only a handful of people there but he banged out some of the classics he had written as well as his own stuff. Phenomenal gig.

If you'll include albums downloaded on iTunes then London Grammar -California Soil, if you want vinyl then probably Thin Lizzy Chinatown.

Judging from the posts on here it seems that its the older stuff that gets listened to from start to finish.

Back then when it was just cassette or vinyl, albums were two sides, four three minute tracks per side. Many bands agonised over what got on the record and what order the tracks were listened to.

Once we got compact disk etc. albums became big fat bloated things comprising masses of tracks, the scatter gun effect in full; bung a great lump of material on the record and punters will like some of it.

Quality control, went out the window.

That's when I stopped listening to albums all the way through.

I now download an album and take the 'best' tracks and make my own traditional album of around 8 songs.

Classic case in point would be Dan Reeder.

Produces an album now and again, with around 15 to 20 tracks, some are memorable, many are piss poor filler.

Its like he feels obliged to have 20 tracks when somebody should explain to him that less is more.

Ziggy Stardub
Easy Star All-Stars

Reggae makeover of one of the best albums ever, picked it up this afternoon whilst browsing Boiler Room Records in Poole.
May not be everyone's cuppa, to totally revamp an absolute classic in a different style with multiple artists, but it works

Remain In Light - Talking Heads. It's only taken me about 40 odd years to realise how good it is.
Before that Caravanserai - Santana and Birds Of Fire - Mahavishnu Orchestra

Trains, Boats and Planes - The Frank and Walters.

Edited to add... purchased from Our Price in Poole - the outside one, not the one opposite Menzies.

Remain In Light - Talking Heads. It's only taken me about 40 odd years to realise how good it is.
Before that Caravanserai - Santana and Birds Of Fire - Mahavishnu Orchestra

That's strange John, last one I listened to was Todd Rundgren's greatest hits before that it was Caravanserai ( overall, probably my favourite of his. Got it as a "requested" Christmas present as a 17 year old ) : )

That's strange John, last one I listened to was Todd Rundgren's greatest hits before that it was Caravanserai ( overall, probably my favourite of his. Got it as a "requested" Christmas present as a 17 year old ) : )
Yes, agree with you about Caravanserai, Tony, my favourite Santana album as well, in fact I've played it several times over the last few weeks and never get fed up with it.
Thanks for reminding me of Todd Rundgren, must start listening to some of his again.

BTY. Great to catch up with you and Phil at the Atalanta game and have a good natter, shame it couldn't have been longer

;