Non - League 2 trivia

Barrow is certainly out on a whim. Never been there, but BAE, has a huge presence there. That stretch of coastline has a lot going on.

I contracted there for 4 years (not at BAE but many of my ex-colleagues used to work there or have gone back). Barrow town is a strange old place and much of it is run down but it's a close knit, largely friendly community. I had many good nights out there.

Walney nature reserve is beautiful, even with all the wind turbines off the coast. I lived in Askam-in Furness for a while with the beach on my doorstep, looking across the Duddon estuary to Millom southern hills of the Lake District. In winter the snow capped hills were dramatic (see photo). Ulverston is a nice quaint lake district town with some good pubs and worth a visit.

20150117_150943.jpg

My son and I went to Barrow at the turn of the year on my way to the recent completion of my 92 current grounds. We saw Barrow v Rochdale. Finished 0-0! We drove straight in and out and went past a huge Kimberley Clarke toilet paper factory. Off street parking available quite close to Holker Street.

Attachments

• 20230102_140640.jpg
    20230102_140640.jpg
    651.3 KB · Views: 5
My son and I went to Barrow at the turn of the year on my way to the recent completion of my 92 current grounds. We saw Barrow v Rochdale. Finished 0-0! We drove straight in and out and went past a huge Kimberley Clarke toilet paper factory. Off street parking available quite close to Holker Street.

What a classic to sign off the 92! Proper grim game in cold weather. Love it!

Out of interest, do you keep memento's from every ground. Programme, badge, scalp of one of the fans?

What a classic to sign off the 92! Proper grim game in cold weather. Love it!

Out of interest, do you keep memento's from every ground. Programme, badge, scalp of one of the fans?
No my 92nd was a couple of weeks ago at Wrexham. They beat Salford 3-2 which was a good one to finish on.

At the turn of the year we did Grimsby v Stockport stayed overnight near York and did Barrow the next day. I usually get a programme and in recent years take a photo.

;