Non - Lester Piggott

I find it strange that we cut some footballers some slack and yet we sit in moral judgement on a jockey. He fiddled his tax and got penalised big time but we forgive lots of our footballing heroes who fall short of decent standards. Let's just celebrate a true genious.
I am not computer literate- I blame Robin Wells- but please " you Tube " ARAZI 1991. Piggot was

I find it strange that we cut some footballers some slack and yet we sit in moral judgement on a jockey. He fiddled his tax and got penalised big time but we forgive lots of our footballing heroes who fall short of decent standards. Let's just celebrate a true genious.
I am not computer literate- I blame Robin Wells- but please " you Tube " ARAZI 1991. Piggot was

Lester was invited to our Copenhagen racetrack back in the 80's.
He had one ride.
After all the introductions, he asked us if there was a place he could go to get out of the spotlight, we took him down to our stable and made him a nice cup of tea in the tack room. Of course he won his race.

A few years ago there was a cricket legends event at the Hilton Park Lane and a few of us collectors were waiting outside the front entrance for some autographs.
A figure approached us from around the corner and walked towards us. It was Lester Piggott. He stopped to pass the time of day and sign our autograph books.
I asked him what brought him to this part of London. He said he was over in London to have a haircut as his barber's was at the rear of the Hilton.
RIP Lester

;