non..Line of duty,ending spoiler alert

johnycarper

First Team
I hope this has left enough time for people to watch and this will not spoil it and this has not already been asked by anyone,a great series but who was the young chap joining the force at the end.Did I miss something.

Spoiler alert. Scroll down.

Is Lisa McQueen reformed now?

Sort of. She's out of the OCG at least. She also knows full well that OCG member Ryan Pilkington has joined the police and that he was the one who murdered John Corbett, but lied to protect Ryan, saying it was Miroslav who slit John’s throat and denying all knowledge of Ryan’s involvement. She’s a good actor, McQueen, always was.

https://www.denofgeek.com/uk/tv/lin...-series-5-explainer-finale-questions-answered

I might have been mistaken but wasn't he part of the OCG? The one that had the discussion with Lisa in the car, that had been accepted on a 'new job'... I thought he was also the dude that cut Corbett's throat ...????

I know the series is about bent coppers, but how does a person with a criminal record join the police force?
Am I missing something here.

You assume that because he mixes with criminals and committed a crime that he has been caught and therefore has a criminal record.

"Ryan appeared in series one – he was the 13-year-old associate of crime boss Tommy Hunter and was, to put it mildly, a right horrible little oik, assisting in the kidnap and torture of Steve Arnott (Martin Compston). He even attempted to remove Arnott's fingers with a pair of bolt-cutters.

Ryan was arrested for his crimes but avoided being sent to a juvenile correction facility by giving up information to the police on Hunter and his criminal outfit."

Maybe he has changed his identity?

I might have been mistaken but wasn't he part of the OCG? The one that had the discussion with Lisa in the car, that had been accepted on a 'new job'... I thought he was also the dude that cut Corbett's throat ...????
Yep. When they dumped the body (Corbett's) she turned to him in the car and said (along the lines) 'sorry, i didn't ask how your exam went' and he said 'i have an interview next week'.

What was that final episode all about?.....had to stop myself from falling asleep and that was after looking forward to it all week....i know these things aren't that realistic but fkn hell that was ridiculous....i was pmsl at the end.

What was that final episode all about?.....had to stop myself from falling asleep and that was after looking forward to it all week....i know these things aren't that realistic but fkn hell that was ridiculous....i was pmsl at the end.

I was spellbound by Anna Maxwell Martin's performance.

;