Non - Liz Truss

She'll be gone by Christmas for a number of reasons. As with Theresa May, the mysogyny within the Tory party will rear its ugly head. In the middle of the worst economic crisis in living memory, she simply doesn't have the gravitas to pull it off. She spent her entire life as foreign secretary courting the press and looking for photo opportunities. She has no plan, she keeps telling us she'll deal with the problems but we'll have to wait and see how. Finally her stated ambition to cut taxes for the rich while the rest of us can't afford to put our heating on will be her downfall.

Has been a bit vague with some of her promises but definetely the best option out of the two.

Why? I got bored of it all before the summer, from what I could tell back then Rishi thought he had it in the bag, made his pledges based on costings.

Truss knowing she needed to win voters, changed her view with the wind for voting winning ideas, but has no idea how to fund anything.

Both of them think the planet is someone else’s problem further down the line.

She'll be gone by Christmas for a number of reasons. As with Theresa May, the mysogyny within the Tory party will rear its ugly head. In the middle of the worst economic crisis in living memory, she simply doesn't have the gravitas to pull it off. She spent her entire life as foreign secretary courting the press and looking for photo opportunities. She has no plan, she keeps telling us she'll deal with the problems but we'll have to wait and see how. Finally her stated ambition to cut taxes for the rich while the rest of us can't afford to put our heating on will be her downfall.
Gone by Christmas????

Why? I got bored of it all before the summer, from what I could tell back then Rishi thought he had it in the bag, made his pledges based on costings.

Truss knowing she needed to win voters, changed her view with the wind for voting winning ideas, but has no idea how to fund anything.

Both of them think the planet is someone else’s problem further down the line.

Purely I think Rishi is less out of touch with working people, had his chance to give us more help when chancellor. Has made comments about having working class friends when he was at uni etc.

PM by the end of the day. Has been a bit vague with some of her promises but definetely the best option out of the two.

People saying she has the toughest in tray since Thatcher.

A tough in tray created by the incompetence and indifference of the previous pm and his government.

The favourite for next pm elected by 180000 voters who dont know what policies they are supporting. What could possibly go wrong.

I wish you all luck, but it's going to get a lot worse.
All very worrying for my elderly relatives back home.

Telegraph and the Times mentioning she could freeze energy bills.

Probably thinking of the public who will vote at the next election now she has satisfied the members and looks to have got the job.

So out of touch with reality...with people. Both of the candidates.

For them it's about Fame, Celeb status .. their behaviour in photo - shoots have proved it...behind the scenes, the nods and winks to the Rich will swing it in favour of one of them.

Whatever Promises have been delivered....it will be a Variation of those promises ..something quite different and only hitting bits of the targets....i.e. the people of London, Bournemouth, Hastings and Chichester getting helped....and Bolton, Hull and Camborne ignored...or thereabouts..you get my drift ?

If Starmer can't Win the next GE....then he is seriously flawed and these buggers will get another 10 years...another 10 with the likes of Patel and Shapps..treating the Nation like scattered Lego bits..with their version of a Monopoly board sitting in the middle.

If there’s any possible way paying for this energy crisis can be kicked down the road for the kids and grandkids to pay for , guaranteed they’ll do it regardless of who’s running the country .

If there’s any possible way paying for this energy crisis can be kicked down the road for the kids and grandkids to pay for , guaranteed they’ll do it regardless of who’s running the country.

When borrowing from future generations, I've always been conservative with a small c. However, I wonder if it's not worth lumping some debt on our kids to kick on with green energy.

Kick solar into overdrive and cover all public buildings as well as force feedback tariffs to be at least 90% of the wholesale price making it a no-brainer investment for anyone with money to save. The technology is there and it's the cheapest power to generate by some margin it just needs the barriers to adoption removed.

;