Non: Luton

Talking to a Luton fan I know, says they're all under no illusions that their only objective is to bank as much PL cash as possible and get their new stadium done. So why spend it on 'here today gone tomorrow' players and agents? - Seems to be the view.

In the meantime hoping the Kenilworth Road factor gains them a few points and surprises some prima donnas. Ideally not finish bottom but if it happens so be it.

I tip my hat to 'em personally and hope they get stuck right in (except against us).

Talking to a Luton fan I know, says they're all under no illusions that their only objective is to bank as much PL cash as possible and get their new stadium done. So why spend it on 'here today gone tomorrow' players and agents? - Seems to be the view.

In the meantime hoping the Kenilworth Road factor gains them a few points and surprises some prima donnas. Ideally not finish bottom but if it happens so be it.

I tip my hat to 'em personally and hope they get stuck right in (except against us).
Yep, makes total sense, many thought we should have adopted that approach a few years ago.
It's just not nice seeing your team get battered week in, week out after a season of success. I remember Sir Eddie saying when we first got into the Prem "We had better get used to losing more games now" or something similar to that.

Don't want to state the obvious, that any newly promoted team is odds on for relegation, as this is normally the reality with bookies and pundits alike.

But Luton don't have a chance of staying up, regardless of what they do.

I'll make a Waz prediction and predict they will go down with less than 19 points.

I don't blame them. What they get this season will pay for that stadium. It'll enhance their football club. What they do have is a team full of spirit, grit and determination. And they might surprise a few.

I'm surprised in all honesty that Jack Stacey didn't go back there. He seems like the mould who they would look to next season

I don't blame them. What they get this season will pay for that stadium. It'll enhance their football club. What they do have is a team full of spirit, grit and determination. And they might surprise a few.

I'm surprised in all honesty that Jack Stacey didn't go back there. He seems like the mould who they would look to next season
Also, you never know. Their togetherness might even keep them up next season. Stranger things have happened.

Also, you never know. Their togetherness might even keep them up next season. Stranger things have happened.
I think they will fight for absolutely every point. I still think they will fall a bit short but they won't be a push over. Likewise the same I think can be said for Sheffield United who are financially not great.

I would predict Luton finish above Everton. But thats not saying much

I think they will fight for absolutely every point. I still think they will fall a bit short but they won't be a push over. Likewise the same I think can be said for Sheffield United who are financially not great.

I would predict Luton finish above Everton. But thats not saying much

YEah exactly. Luton main hope/strength is in some near super human level of galvanized, backs against wall, world versus us fighting spirit and momentum, holding onto buzz/confidence from promotion and the hope that more big (bigger...?) clubs grossly underperform.

I hope it doesn;t get embarrassing, with low points, as they're likeable to me, what with being unfashionable minnows at this level now.

Obviously if they perform and become some kind of genuine threat to our survival, that outlook will change...

;