Non - Malone to Huddersfield

Mouse66

New Signing
I see Huddersfield have signed Scott Malone from Fulham. Seems a world away since he was with us. I thought we had left him behind when we played Milwall last game of the season in the Championship.

Still only 26

He had one good season for us then got a bit big headed and off he popped.
I think he will find the Premier League a big challenge...

Always had lots of technical ability, his attitude was an issue. Seems likely the attitude has been improved as he's matured. However he was never very physical, not especially quick and certainly not big or strong, and if there's one thing the Premier League requires, it's being able to hold your own physically, usually with pace. I think that could trouble him.

For example, if we lined Ryan Fraser up against him, I know who'd I'd back in that duel. And most PL cubs have someone of that ilk.

Clearly was talented, but a chav and big headed... He's had some decent clubs in his career to date, but I think he'll struggle in a team that most are expecting to drop down again...

Whether he gets 'found out' will depend on him playing LM or LB...

I was always disappointed when we let him go, swap for mcquid great business from groves. Would of been interesting to see how he would of gone under Eddie.

Should help Huddersfield no end the season after next when they're back in the Championship.

I may be wrong, but can't see him making the step up.

He looked very good for Fulham in the run-in. Charlie isn't the quickest either...

Malone is another one that makes me wonder how he would have done if he'd still been here when Eddie came back. I always thought that he was a very decent player. Obviously the prem is a massive step up and there's no guarantees he'll be good enough but personally I don't think I'd have picked Charlie Daniels as head and shoulders above Malone and Wiggins based on their league one performances for us. All were decent L1 players.

The key factor though is Eddie working on Daniels over a long period of time, which is why he is well above Wiggins and Malone now. Who knows if Wagner can improve Malone to the same degree in a shorter space of time.

Ordinarily I'd be wishing Malone and Hudds well but, as any lurking Terriers fan will soon find out, promotion to the prem means a complete 180° shift in who you want to win games not involving your club. Cheering on Arsenal, Chelsea and Man United against the underdogs is an uncomfortable fact of life now.

Chill peeps.

This season Huddersfield will be Hull and Brighton will be Middlesbrough. Only uncertainty is who will be this year's Sunderland.

;