Non - Matt Ritchie

1/4 sounds like there's real substance to it. Compared to 7/2 for Eddie to Southampton which is just people having a reckon.

if we were able to replace him with someone of the quality of jordan ibe or nathan redmond (although redmond looks like he's off to stoke) then i'm not so sure ritchie moving on would weaken us too badly

yesyescherry - 7/6/2016 14:24

if we were able to replace him with someone of the quality of jordan ibe or nathan redmond (although redmond looks like he's off to stoke) then i'm not so sure ritchie moving on would weaken us too badly

Ibe has stagnated at Liverpool and not an upgrade imo - there is a reason why Liverpool are happy to let him go.

I've not seen any credible basis for these rumours about Ritchie. West Ham were in for Mata last I heard.

ritchie rumours stemmed from that random amy christophers on twitter, so doubtful

from 5th june:

Jack Sullivan
?@jsullivanwhu
NEWS - we are close to a deal on an International winger. that might conclude in about 12 days, if everything goes to plan!

yesyescherry - 7/6/2016 14:48

ritchie rumours stemmed from that random amy christophers on twitter, so doubtful

from 5th june:

Jack Sullivan
?@jsullivanwhu
NEWS - we are close to a deal on an International winger. that might conclude in about 12 days, if everything goes to plan!

May as well say:
I reckon we're going to sign a professional football player some time in the next 3 months.

northstandmark - 7/6/2016 14:53

from 5th june:

Jack Sullivan
?@jsullivanwhu

May as well say:
I reckon we're going to sign a professional football player some time in the next 3 months.

Indeed, with all the rumours around, West Ham are signng 20 different players al at £20 million each.

Yes saw that one yesterday and due to the source didn't bother to put it on here. July 1st is her latest so it looks like she thinks he is out of contract or something lol.

afcb.czech - 7/6/2016 15:31

I have stated before, but I am quite indifferent to this either way as long as the price is alright. Ritchie looks good but struggles to be effective physically at this level.

I agree. All I would add as a slight diosclaimer is what would Eddie think about us letting Ritchie go ? Right now, anything that might give Eddie even the slightest doubt about our ambition might see him moving on as well.

Whilst that is going to happen sooner rather than later, I believe we need another year (at least) for us to be in a position squad wise to cope with him leaving.

I have stated before, but I am quite indifferent to this either way as long as the price is alright. Ritchie looks good but struggles to be effective physically at this level.

The Alchemist - 7/6/2016 15:30

I agree. All I would add as a slight diosclaimer is what would Eddie think about us letting Ritchie go ? Right now, anything that might give Eddie even the slightest doubt about our ambition might see him moving on as well.

Whilst that is going to happen sooner rather than later, I believe we need another year (at least) for us to be in a position squad wise to cope with him leaving.

How did you reply a minute before he posted what you replied to?

SlowDownDerek - 7/6/2016 15:34

I have no idea !! That's twice now.

Have I found some secret setting or am I psychic ?

Help me DJ !

The Alchemist - 7/6/2016 15:48

SlowDownDerek - 7/6/2016 15:34

I have no idea !! That's twice now.

Have I found some secret setting or am I psychic ?

Help me DJ !

Seeing that you are from the future... is 11/4 good value on Matt Ritchie staying at AFCB?

I'm surprised so many are willing to sell Ritchie on to a rival Premier League team.

I think losing Ritchie would be a bad thing. I know he's not hit the same form as he did in the Championship (but that's understandable, given the higher level) but for me we play our best football when he's in the team. He works incredibly hard (often at the less glamorous stuff of tracking back) and he has the tenacity to make a real difference.

He's been a real asset since joining from Swindon (that transfer alone is enough to guarantee him legendary status) and I think none of our other wingers is able to grab a game by the scruff of the neck and make things happen.

agree with last sentence - eh experimented with iturbe so i'd be amazed if he wasn't still looking to strengthen the wingers

Always remember: if SkyBet are the only bookie with an unusual price on something, it's not worth overly worrying about.

They do this constantly so that people will talk about them on social media. It's their whole business model.

They once had Eddie Howe 1/25 to become Crystal Palace manager before he went to Burnley, if you recall. It's just glorified trolling, really. They are the Katie Hopkins or Daily Mail of bookies. Controversy = attention.

NarrowTheAngle - 7/6/2016 16:15

Always remember: if SkyBet are the only bookie with an unusual price on something, it's not worth overly worrying about.

They do this constantly so that people will talk about them on social media. It's their whole business model.

They once had Eddie Howe 1/25 to become Crystal Palace manager before he went to Burnley, if you recall. It's just glorified trolling, really. They are the Katie Hopkins or Daily Mail of bookies. Controversy = attention.

Exactly right,as is that Amy bird off of twitter.
I have challenged her a few times about her hit rate on transfers,she just bores me now....

;