Non Met Police

The Met have been a shambles for years going back before Dick - what an appropriate name. She should have been booted out years ago

I am not a great fan of Wikipedia, but that gave me something to start with. Thank you.

I also see what was meant by the reference to Line of Duty. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I've seen the Wikipedia article praises by some of the legal people I follow on twitter as a good summary. Like you say always with a pinch of salt. The report that was released yesterday (after endless political interventions designed to delay it) has also been initially praised as robust and no smokescreen.

Given this and the Shrewsbury pickets and the Hillsborough tragedy. it is virtually impossible for the 99% of us to obtain justice when the 1% making up the establishment close ranks all the time. The Shrewsbury pickets only got a pardon after 48 years of trying.

I was fitted up by the local constabulary myself once. My only 2 witnesses were 2 14 year old girls who just happen to see a police car reverse into my stationary car, but the bent copper said I reversed into him. Needless to say the poor girls were questioned for hours down the nick.

I quite understand where BLM is coming from in the USA, and how they dare the establishment in the UK lecture Russia and China on Human Rights, when 99% of us in this country don't have any.

As for Cressida Dick, she was the copper responsible for giving the order to shoot Mendez dead at Stockwell tube station back in 2007 even though he was totally innocent. Totally unfit for the job of making the coffee at the nick, let alone head of the Met Police.

;