Non - Mobile phone providers

Quick query for you lovely folks.

iPhones - Ignore the arguments over android etc, if you need a new iPhone because your old one has gone kaput, is it best to go for the latest one or a bit older?

I know Apple love to cut old phones out of updates etc, so just wanting to work out (in a rush) where’s the best value? (Oxymoron granted in regards to iPhones I know)

Thank you
Depends on the time of year. Sounds stupid and I am no Apple user so cannot advise on the benefits of the latest and greatest but the prices of the current phone drop drastically during the summer as the new releases are looming.

Just having a look right now and the prices for 14 and 15s look very similar. If it was me Id pay the extra £1 or 2 a months for the 15.

ID Mobile have the 15 for £29.99 a month, (£99 down).

If you are buying outright then there is about £100 difference.

Reactions: DJ
I have used three iterations of the iPhone SE. Mostly because of its compact size. The most recent is about six months old and was a noticeable step up from its predecessor even though it’s Apple’s economy model. If you prefer Apple I think it’s good value.

Reactions: DJ
Bought my last one (11)outright through giffgaff a while ago now but was cheapest way for me as I have a cheap sim only pay monthly
Not sure if they’re still good price wise but were cheapest a few years back

Thanks all, the SE nearly won out, but ultimately the reason why we’re looking for a new one is because the home button broke. Which I know is a problem with older iPhones and iPads, so would be gutting to end up replacing one with another and get the same problem down the line...

So I think the 13 is winning as it’s a better budget phone… one year less updates than the SE though… tricky…

;