Non - Music Challenge - Name Your Top 5 Albums .... Ever!

Toronto John

Fans' Favourite
Recently, @Ken Baileys Ghost posted a song on NEJ#2 from one of my all-time favourite albums. Got me thinking ... if I could only pick 5 albums from more than 50 years of collecting music, what would they be. Took me a few days to go through my vinyl and CDs to narrow it down. Could easily have been 10, or 20 or 50 choices.

What say you? This is not a competition, so there are no rules, but I used two criteria:
1. Had to be a studio album
2. No greatest hits or compilation albums.

My five were selected because I play them at least once per year, and they never disappoint. Always the same "ahhhh" moments.

Over to you all. I will reveal mine later this week.

Every Picture Tells a Story - Rod Stewart
Dark Side Of The Moon
Live & Dangerous - Thin Lizzy (do live lp's count?)
Moving Pictures - Rush
White Album - Diamond Head

Shows my age I guess. Mind you, could all change tomorrow.

I could you my 5 favourite albums right now. Sadly, tomorrow it’ll be a different 5.
Nothing sad about that, it's great to have varied tastes. But I am thinking about albums that have stood the test of time in your house. Four of mine are about 40 years old!

So difficult, could probably come up with different lists for different reasons

But, on the basis that I loved them from the first time I heard them, and still do, i’d go:

Deep Purple - Stormbringer
Dio - Holy Diver
G’n’R - Appetite for Destruction
Shinedown - Amaryllis
Mr Big - Lean Into It

Definitely Maybe. Oasis
Never Mind. Nirvana
Rumours. Fleetwood Mac
Whats The Story Morning Glory. Oasis
Use Your Illusion 1 and 2 Guns n Roses

I might get some inspiration, but right now I'm struggling to even name my 5 favourite Low albums.

I can probably name one for the list.

Mozart's Requiem - been with me for my entire life and will be there when they put me in the ground.

Ok. Herecare
Nothing sad about that, it's great to have varied tastes. But I am thinking about albums that have stood the test of time in your house. Four of mine are about 40 years old!
Ok. Here are 5 albums everyone should own.
Velvet Underground and Nico
Beatles White Album
Neil Young Tonight’s the Night
Pretenders Pretenders
Gang of Four Entertainment

;