Non - Nick Cave

Mate of mine has got me a ticket. I'm hoping that theres a few more drum solos than on the Ghosteen album.

Unlikely, it's Nick Cave & Warren Ellis, not the full-on Bad Seeds/Grinderman experience. But it will still be good.

I haven't bought a gig ticket for about 3 years but I get the impression they've gone up a lot in price. Don't know how much Nick Cave tickets are but the lad was telling me that Elton John at Ashton Gate next year is about £120. Are they hoping there's a pent up demand for live music or is it just "ticket prices these days". Don't get me wrong, if I could get the care for the Good Lady, I'd be trying for tickets ( maybe not for NC or EJ ).

Ps. anyone interested in 70s and 80s music, there's been a great series on Sky Arts, Guy Garvey: From the Vaults. Loads of clips from commercial TV shows, excellent nostalgia and oddities. John Bonham being interviewed by Billy Connelly, notable not only for his non answers but it being acceptable smoking surrounded by youngsters on a kids show. Also didn't realise he was only 32 when he passed away.

Pps sorry DW313, gone off topic a bit : )

Last edited:
Cheapest is just over £50. That seems to be the going rate these days for major artists. First time I paid £50 was Brian Wilson on the Smile tour at the pavilion. Over 10 years ago. Since then Leonard Cohen was £50 2008. They were expensive, but have become the norm.

Saw NC with the bad seeds in 2017 at the BIC and it was the best concert I have ever witnessed. The lighthouse gig will be different, but I expect it will be magnificent.

https://www.burntaxe.com/blog/2017/9/27/nick-cave-and-the-bad-seeds-bournemouth-bic

£131.50 for two tickets to see Madness for their bi-annual (every two years)Xmas tour.
BIC ,early Dec upper balcony.
Support band Squeeze(which would normally be a gig in itself)!

Cheapest is just over £50. That seems to be the going rate these days for major artists. First time I paid £50 was Brian Wilson on the Smile tour at the pavilion. Over 10 years ago. Since then Leonard Cohen was £50 2008. They were expensive, but have become the norm.

Saw NC with the bad seeds in 2017 at the BIC and it was the best concert I have ever witnessed. The lighthouse gig will be different, but I expect it will be magnificent.

https://www.burntaxe.com/blog/2017/9/27/nick-cave-and-the-bad-seeds-bournemouth-bic

I was at that Leonard Cohen gig and what a mighty fine three hours of my life it was. Expensive but worth every penny. Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds at the BIC wasn't too shabby either.

Wasn't a huge Cohen fan but saw him at Glastonbury earlier that year so took Mrs Fritter, who is a fan and had never seen him. It's not how expensive it is it is about value for money. Cohen and Cave were both excellent value.

The lad went to the Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds gig, said it was one of the best he's been to. I never got to see Leonard Cohen, assumed he was to maudlin for me, then after he died I heard a lot more of his music and realised I had misjudged another great artist : )

We went to Madness at the B.I.C. as a family about 15 years ago, absolutely brilliant gig. 2 hours of hits and they still didn't play all of them. The crowd adore them, 2 hours of bouncing and singing along, you can't help but enjoy the show. If you've paid that much for a ticket, you obviously like Madness, so it's going to be worth every penny to you : )

As for the support, I think it was an L.A ska band, the Aggrolites. They were alright (from memory) but tried to hard with the attitude. Squeeze should be good, so long as no one throws any pig's placenta on stage, (those were the days) : )

I think it’s bizarre that rock musicians price themselves out of the very people they claim their music is aimed at. Most punk rock was crap but at least it was ours.

Punk gigs weren't especially more expensive than other gigs, I don't think. (Thinks: will go through ticket stubs later)

Saw Sparks support Beck 2 or 3 years ago. Sound was awful for Sparks. Saw the original Kimono tour back in the 70s, that was great.

Saw Sparks at the Festival Hall about ten years ago doing two sets the first the whole of Kimono then a greatest hits set. The band included members of the Rollins Band amongst them. Amazing gig.

Really enjoying Sparks having such a strong late career renaissance. No. 1 in Heaven is a brilliant album.

Saw Sparks at the Festival Hall about ten years ago doing two sets the first the whole of Kimono then a greatest hits set. The band included members of the Rollins Band amongst them. Amazing gig.

;