Non- Not flouncing off.

Been sticking the odd post up lately, mainly because I am housebound right now, and incredibly bored.

1st dose of the new trial drug has given me a lift, and I can already walk a bit better.
Thanks for all the kind messages.
Still digging in and taking each day as it comes.

Would have loved to have made tomorrow.
Yeovilton was my first Navy posting and I love the town.
Pre all day opening, Yeovil's market days on Monday and Friday were a fantastic all day cider fueled bonanza.

Been sticking the odd post up lately, mainly because I am housebound right now, and incredibly bored.

1st dose of the new trial drug has given me a lift, and I can already walk a bit better.

Pre all day opening, Yeovil's market days on Monday and Friday were a fantastic all day cider fueled bonanza.

Pleased to hear it Al (y)

Positive news Al , keep it going (y)
Can I ask when you were posted to Yeovilton and what squadron you were attached for to ?
We regularly visit the FAA Museum and the annual Air Days - my lad is plane mad and loves the FAA ! I am a bit of an enthusiast too ….

Positive news Al , keep it going (y)
Can I ask when you were posted to Yeovilton and what squadron you were attached for to ?
We regularly visit the FAA Museum and the annual Air Days - my lad is plane mad and loves the FAA ! I am a bit of an enthusiast too ….

January 1978 till May 79,

Was not attached to a squadron as I was general ships company.

The Museum was of course available to us to visit anytime.
The test Concorde arrived the month I joined Yeovilton.

I did some work on an airfield navigational aid at Yeovilton (RAF responsibility for upgrades and new installs) late 80s/early 90s ish
Just thought I'd add another loose link to the airfield

That’s really good to hear Al, and it’s great that you still post on here and keeping your AFCB family updated. Best wishes.

That’s really good to hear Al, and it’s great that you still post on here and keeping your AFCB family updated. Best wishes.

Hope you're well too afcb_rednblack. Can recall you mentioning something similar beginning this month for you too?

Just an update, as people have been kind enough to message me to find out how things are going.

Tomorrow I start round 7 of the trial drug (enfortumab vedotin) which has been a success for me.

Being able to walk the dogs again, go shopping, have the odd lunch out, has meant so much, after being bed ridden for much of December.

The drug is no cure, and tests show that a mean average of around 13 months life extension is the benchmark.
Tomorrow I have treatment, a 40 minute infusion, and then have a guy from Astellas, the drug company, coming for a chat.

What I really didn't want was for my taste buds to go, and sadly for a month they have, with pretty much everything tasting metallic or acidic.
Down to a trendy 11st 8lbs now, which is great on the BMI, but it's not really the slightly overweight me who likes a beer and a curry.

Really hoping to make it back for Middlesbrough, subject to any extra appointments.

Thanks for the messages you have sent, all good on the morale front.

Still smiling, still laughing, and still supporting.
Cheers,
Al

Good news Al. Sorry about the taste buds...that sucks but its good to have you around still and I hope you can get your taste back to enjoy the finer (or not) things in life.

;