Non - Pandemic

Lifted from the BBC:

"Dr Anthony Fauci, President Biden's chief medical adviser, told the BBC that this should include people who've had the AstraZeneca jab.

The US regulator doesn't currently recommend the vaccine, but Dr Fauci said he didn't think it would be a "problem", although the final decision rests with the Center for Disease Control and Prevention."

https://www.bbc.com/news/explainers-52544307

Last edited:
I don't really see why the US should approve it the same as I don't see why the UK should approve Sinopharm which I had (although now quad jabbed with 2x Sinopharm and 2x Pfizer). What's the point in researching something that they aren't using? Harsh for the people that had AZ and want to travel there, but ultimately is it in US Citizens best interest to spend money on the research for jabs they won't get?

I don't really see why the US should approve it the same as I don't see why the UK should approve Sinopharm which I had (although now quad jabbed with 2x Sinopharm and 2x Pfizer). What's the point in researching something that they aren't using? Harsh for the people that had AZ and want to travel there, but ultimately is it in US Citizens best interest to spend money on the research for jabs they won't get?
Well it should be a straightforward matter of respecting another countries research and approval method - as well as nearly a years worth of documented vaccine immunity rates. They don't have to approve it in respect of vaccinating their own citizens as they have enough of other vaccines but there should be a simple recognition of the UK medical approval system. It shouldn't be rocket (or medical) science to do that ! Or don't they trust our (and many other countries) vaccine regulators?

Surely the answer is yes. They need to satisfy themselves that the people who want to come to their country are safe. The only other solution is to ban tourists and business visitors indefinitely and that is not good for them either.

Well it should be a straightforward matter of respecting another countries research and approval method - as well as nearly a years worth of documented vaccine immunity rates. They don't have to approve it in respect of vaccinating their own citizens as they have enough of other vaccines but there should be a simple recognition of the UK medical approval system. It shouldn't be rocket (or medical) science to do that ! Or don't they trust our (and many other countries) vaccine regulators?

Pfizer's lobbyists have been rather effective in trashing Astra Zeneca in Washington circles.

So are you onboard with people vaccinated with Sinopharm being able to come and go into the UK? Approved by WHO.

Hmmm, one vaccine costs a lot and is for profit, the other isn't. Wonder which one Pfizer is........................................

It’s probably the one we will be getting in our arms in the near future to complement the AZ one.

So hopefully they will be ’working together’ to keep us protected.

It’s probably the one we will be getting in our arms in the near future to complement the AZ one.

So hopefully they will be ’working together’ to keep us protected.

It’s an interesting interpretation attempting to make it sound like a strategy. But those who had Pfizer first time around won’t be being offered the Oxford…

Not really a fair comparison? There’s far less real world data regarding that vaccine and it’s efficacy was in the 50% range?

86% I thought, but even still, it's approved by other countries so surely the point has to stand, you either accept them all or none that you haven't done your own trials on.

It’s an interesting interpretation attempting to make it sound like a strategy. But those who had Pfizer first time around won’t be being offered the Oxford…

No, it seems you will be getting a ‘hat-trick’ of the Pfizer, unless they give you the Moderna.

So are you onboard with people vaccinated with Sinopharm being able to come and go into the UK? Approved by WHO.
That depends on its proven efficacy rate which I understand to be way lower than Pfizer, AZ and Moderna. DJ has said above it is not really a fair comparison as the Pfizer, AZ and Moderna jabs are all up in the high 80's - 90's efficacy rate while I understand that Sino is about 50%. A hell of a difference, although to be fair there are different studies showing a big range in efficacy. As for it being approved by WHO I wouldn't trust them to organise a piss up in a brewery unless it was sponsored by the Chinese Gov't.

Last edited:
86% I thought, but even still, it's approved by other countries so surely the point has to stand, you either accept them all or none that you haven't done your own trials on.
The point stands provided you accept the integrity and the results of the other countries trialling and testing regime, part of that would be setting a level of efficacy. AZ has been done by us and other western countries such as Canada, don't the Yanks trust our regulators ?

Exactly, the point I am making is not whether one vaccine is better than another, I am no authority on that, but whether one countries respected regulator (the USA) is prepared to accept another countries regulator (the UK) results on its vaccine. If every country adopted a you can't come in approach depending on which vaccines they approved it would be a right mess. After all this time you would have thought there would be some international agreement on approved vaccines for travel and entry into each others countries.
https://www.reuters.com/world/ameri...-504-effective-against-infections-2021-08-13/

Boris saves Xmas the sequel...

The prime minister said he did "not believe people will be short of food" amid reports of some empty supermarket shelves and rising energy prices.

Boris Johnson told the BBC’s political editor, Laura Kuenssberg, that wages were rising for the first time in decades" and that was a good thing".
Speaking in New York, he added supply chain problems were of a "short-term nature" but said the "market across the world is going to start clearing these problems".

The BBC's head of statistics, Robert Cuffe, says the PM is incorrect to say wages are rising "for the first time in decades".

Boris Johnson on wages, prices and supermarket shortages - BBC News

Boris saves Xmas the sequel...

The prime minister said he did "not believe people will be short of food" amid reports of some empty supermarket shelves and rising energy prices.

Boris Johnson told the BBC’s political editor, Laura Kuenssberg, that wages were rising for the first time in decades" and that was a good thing".
Speaking in New York, he added supply chain problems were of a "short-term nature" but said the "market across the world is going to start clearing these problems".

The BBC's head of statistics, Robert Cuffe, says the PM is incorrect to say wages are rising "for the first time in decades".

Boris Johnson on wages, prices and supermarket shortages - BBC News
Kuenssberg is just a puppet.

We have got half a packet of Pigs in Blankets in our freezer, left over from last year. I am confident that I will be able to sell them on Ebay at £5 each this year …

;