Non - Pandemic

Covid is Covid whether they had it with or without other ailments.. still needs treating and it can still be spread.
The staff 'run ragged' is the significant outcome.

Covid is Covid whether they had it with or without other ailments.. still needs treating and it can still be spread.
The staff 'run ragged' is the significant outcome.
No, the point is that the headline figures are misleading. I bet a large number of them are not being treated in hospital for Covid, no more than people admitted and found to have flu are treated for flu. Most cases of Covid now are not treated other than a few days rest at home.

No, the point is that the headline figures are misleading. I bet a large number of them are not being treated in hospital for Covid, no more than people admitted and found to have flu are treated for flu. Most cases of Covid now are not treated other than a few days rest at home.

Yeah that's an interesting point..and importantly a 'heads up' about how we interpret headlines....and associated 'figures.

Covid measures should be reintroduced in the UK to slow down the spread of the virus, health chiefs have warned.

The NHS Confederation has accused the Government of 'abandoning any interest in Covid whatsoever' and says hospitals are set to deal with a 'brutal Easter as bad as any winter'.

Last week Covid cases hit the highest since February 2021 at 20,331 infections.

https://mirror.co.uk.trem.media/news/uk-news/covid-measures-should-come-back-26682627

Yes, because Matthew Taylor has no political axe to grind.

Meanwhile iSAGE have almost reached their crowdfunding target of £20k. Can’t think why they are banging the covid isn’t over drum.

Yes, because Matthew Taylor has no political axe to grind.

Meanwhile iSAGE have almost reached their crowdfunding target of £20k. Can’t think why they are banging the covid isn’t over drum.
Crowdfunding for what - someone to organise a piss up in a brewery for them. They damn sure couldn't organise one themselves.

Covid measures should be reintroduced in the UK to slow down the spread of the virus, health chiefs have warned.

The NHS Confederation has accused the Government of 'abandoning any interest in Covid whatsoever' and says hospitals are set to deal with a 'brutal Easter as bad as any winter'.

https://mirror.co.uk.trem.media/news/uk-news/covid-measures-should-come-back-26682627
The Gov't should take no action re Covid anymore. Daily figures should be stopped because they are so misleading - I mean the quoted hospitalisations - 57% of those in hospital were admitted for reasons other than Covid.

The Gov't should take no action re Covid anymore. Daily figures should be stopped because they are so misleading - I mean the quoted hospitalisations - 57% of those in hospital were admitted for reasons other than Covid.

Just to be fair on that point, hospitals are at capacity over capacity regardless of whether all covid cases are true or not. It’s still relevant.

It might be worth mentioning that when the Mirror says that 1,475 people were reported last Friday as having died within 28 days of a positive test, this is inaccurate and is an example of either dreadful incompetence on the part of the journalist. He has used the 7-day figure and assumed it to be 1 day.

The threat is twofold, I think you get that 45% (or whatever it is) need hospital treatment for covid which is fairly bad on its own but I think the bit you miss is that hospitals have a lot of extremely vulnerable people about and the hospital staff are trying to maintain a sterile environment. This is essential.

This means staff cannot come in when infected, dropping bed space to allow for distancing and containment, and delaying or cancelling treatment. A lot of your tax money is being spent on additional measures to keep the NHS running on a reduced service.

In other news China's zero covid plan has shanghai on it's third week of lockdown, not even allowed to leave your house to get food. It's causing starvation and backrupcy. If you test positive you're moved to covid camp, your pets are murdered and your home is drenched in disinfectant. There's already mass suicides and unrest, something has to kick off soon. People scream out of their windows for help constantly.

Shanghai residents heard screaming from windows as COVID lockdown continues (nypost.com)

The threat is twofold, I think you get that 45% (or whatever it is) need hospital treatment for covid which is fairly bad on its own but I think the bit you miss is that hospitals have a lot of extremely vulnerable people about and the hospital staff are trying to maintain a sterile environment. This is essential.

This means staff cannot come in when infected, dropping bed space to allow for distancing and containment, and delaying or cancelling treatment. A lot of your tax money is being spent on additional measures to keep the NHS running on a reduced service.

In other news China's zero covid plan has shanghai on it's third week of lockdown, not even allowed to leave your house to get food. It's causing starvation and backrupcy. If you test positive you're moved to covid camp, your pets are murdered and your home is drenched in disinfectant. There's already mass suicides and unrest, something has to kick off soon. People scream out of their windows for help constantly.

Shanghai residents heard screaming from windows as COVID lockdown continues (nypost.com)
Seen some limited footage from Shanghai and it seems a hellscape. The screams in the night from apartment blocks and pets beating beaten to death in the street, horrific.

Wife had e-mail from P&O cruises today saying all passengers over 12 must be fully vaccinated.
Daughter not impressed.
Despite there being no government advice to the contrary looks like companies are making their own rules.
I've no problem with that per se but it just seems OTT especially given my little twinkle's fear of jabs.

Wife had e-mail from P&O cruises today saying all passengers over 12 must be fully vaccinated.
Daughter not impressed.
Despite there being no government advice to the contrary looks like companies are making their own rules.
I've no problem with that per se but it just seems OTT especially given my little twinkle's fear of jabs.

Well we saw what happened earlier in the pandemic when people were stuck in their cabins when there was an outbreak onboard the cruise ships, so you can understand their caution.

Especially an inside or cabin with a window but no balcony.

As for jabs, they are nothing compared to the size of needles we used to get stuck in our arms when we were young, but can understand the fear of needles whatever the size.

Regarding the cruise industry, I think it's entirely registered offshore where ever the laws and taxes are lowest. As such during the pandemic, the world's governments showed them two fingers when they asked for bailouts. A combination of fear of the financial implications of a breakout and having to obey the high watermark of the ports you're visiting probably explains the draconian measures.

;