Non - Pandemic

I am still baffled by people thinking these rules are justifiable! I'd politely suggest widening your horizons a little. So much evidence now about the harm they are doing. I guess though, the parents of the 12 year old that took their own life, they will think everything is just fine.

I know this guy doesn't bother with evidence but suicide rates have not increased.

https://www.bmj.com/content/371/bmj.m4352

What is this?

Top Trumps?

I'll see your 12 year old boy and raise you 59,051 families grieving a loved one.

Ha, nice one. For a start, that number is a pure guess, as you know. But also, I am on about the ridiculous draconian rules right NOW, which cannot be justified. You guys are priceless! Hate the Tories but right now you are backing them!

So....about 200 deaths [ wonder how many were OF covid? ] - sad but a small % of general deaths in the UK still.

'The number of deaths registered in England and Wales in the week ending 20 November 2020 (Week 47) was 12,535'

And this is what the debate should be considering, on a far wider scale, the measure affect more people than the virus now does.

So....about 200 deaths [ wonder how many were OF covid? ] - sad but a small % of general deaths in the UK still.

'The number of deaths registered in England and Wales in the week ending 20 November 2020 (Week 47) was 12,535'

And this is what the debate should be considering, on a far wider scale, the measure affect more people than the virus now does.

And what about long Covid?

Or does that not exist?

And what about long Covid?

Or does that not exist?

May do in some, we don't know for sure. Not really a case for justifying these rules though. My wife had pneumonia four years ago, she still suffers from the effects of that today. Will they close the country for people like her? Not sure they have discussed it?

May do in some, we don't know for sure. Not really a case for justifying these rules though. My wife had pneumonia four years ago, she still suffers from the effects of that today. Will they close the country for people like her? Not sure they have discussed it?
Whats your approach then?

So he didn't actually answer the question how many of those died OF Covid? It also doesn't mention that this was still 10k less than the deaths from everything else. Or that these comparisons have gone up and down but currently, as a rule, hospitals are no busier than they usually are at this time of year. Only four are more busy than usual. And those are ones that are usually at around 95% full at this time of year anyway. Most are around 85% full I believe. So again, all you've done there is show these lockdown rules are just not proportionate.

So he didn't actually answer the question how many of those died OF Covid? It also doesn't mention that this was still 10k less than the deaths from everything else. Or that these comparisons have gone up and down but currently, as a rule, hospitals are no busier than they usually are at this time of year. Only four are more busy than usual. And those are ones that are usually at around 95% full at this time of year anyway. Most are around 85% full I believe. So again, all you've done there is show these lockdown rules are just not proportionate.
Desperate nitpicking over semantics.

Whats your approach then?

In basic terms, as I am logging off for the night now - it would be fairly simple for all regions to be tier one tomorrow. So that means people who could be at risk can remain careful, that we all keep thinking of hygiene, wear a mask inside for the time being [ not forever though ], of keeping safe spaces inside [ which hospitality hade been doing very well of course ] but that those at a very low risk of serious illness, can get back to living again, of saving their jobs, their businesses, their homes, their life savings, their mental well being. A much more targeted approach. Could be done, it's backed up by a whole ton of facts and science too.

Underlying cause of death was covid. If they didn’t have covid they wouldn’t have died on that day in history...that’s dying of covid.

You could have a 69 year old with a health condition that wouldn’t see them off if managed for the best part of another quarter of a century, they catch covid and they die in 3 weeks time. That’s a death that if restrictions can prevent, then restrictions are working.

There’s also been plenty of posts on the pressures on our hospitals. The amount of people they have off work at the moment and being absolutely pummelled into the ground. Far worse than usual winter seasons.

Last edited:
Underlying cause of death was covid. If they didn’t have covid they wouldn’t have died on that day in history...that’s dying of covid.

There’s also been plenty of posts on the pressures on our hospitals. The amount of people they have off work at the moment and being absolutely pummelled into the ground at the moment. Far worse than usual winter seasons.

No, its actually not like that at all. I thought you were a bit more clued up than this DJ, disappointing.

;