Non - Pandemic

Whatever he does he is going to be slagged off, he was pushed to open up some schools. Now if it was me me, I would of stopped all International travel before Christmas. But hey, it seems in England holidays comes first. I just looked at air traffic and Ryan Air are travelling to and from the UK like their is no epidemic in Europe. Whats that all about ?

It's one part of all this that has never made sense to me. This government could easily ban foreign travel and sell it to their base. Trump did it straight away.

If there's no data to suggest protection after 21 days then perhaps they can provide data on the drop off in efficacy rates to prove there's no data. I guess its not in their best interests.

There's been plenty of time to do this but they don't seem that keen. So they're covering themselves for litigation purposes (understandable) and also ensuring they retain a market share with the double dose within 21 days.

Apologies for being a little cynical, I know you've been bang against it from the minute it was muted.

I’m not sure what your point is here? Everyone on the trial had the second jab after 21 days. The protection with the vaccine went up from 52% before the second jab to 95% seven days after the second jab https://www.bmj.com/content/371/bmj.m4826

People either had two vaccines or two placebos. I’m not sure the data you’re after exists.

I think many schools had an Inset day. Perhaps they had a heads up.
Exactly, most of the local schools had inset/staff training or weren't due back until later in the week. So, to suggest ALL the kids mixed for one day is wrong, something I would expect from Stan but not Derek.

I’m not sure what your point is here? Everyone on the trial had the second jab after 21 days. The protection with the vaccine went up from 52% before the second jab to 95% seven days after the second jab https://www.bmj.com/content/371/bmj.m4826

People either had two vaccines or two placebos. I’m not sure the data you’re after exists.

It doesn't exist in the public domain, which is DJ's point that I respect. However both the Oxford and Moderna manufacturers provided data on first jab efficacy......I'm simply intrigued as to why Pfizer didn't, haven't and still refuse to deliver any data even if it does exist (why wouldn't it - surely they must know). No more than that.

Exactly, most of the local schools had inset/staff training or weren't due back until later in the week. So, to suggest ALL the kids mixed for one day is wrong, something I would expect from Stan but not Derek.

It's semantics. Millions of children went back and mixed in school today. Millions of workers who have now been advised to work from home. So you not think its ridiculous not to do this one day earlier and avoid shitloads of unnecessary mixing?

It's semantics. Millions of children went back and mixed in school today. Millions of workers who have now been advised to work from home. So you not think its ridiculous not to do this one day earlier and avoid shitloads of unnecessary mixing?

Completely agree on this. As I said earlier this variant has been out of control for weeks. Nothing to have had this in place from jan 1st and that would have provided a lot of clarity. As it stands some parents have less than 12 hours to sort work and childcare out.

If there's no data to suggest protection after 21 days then perhaps they can provide data on the drop off in efficacy rates to prove there's no data. I guess its not in their best interests.

There's been plenty of time to do this but they don't seem that keen. So they're covering themselves for litigation purposes (understandable) and also ensuring they retain a market share with the double dose within 21 days.

Apologies for being a little cynical, I know you've been bang against it from the minute it was muted.
Probably scientists testing the vaccine had strictly one interval of x number of weeks between doses. It had to be done that way because of the dangers of leaving a world without vaccine any longer. All the signing off thru the phased trials takes time. Every change (such as efficacy drop off) presumably has to run the gauntlet of further safety checks. Put simply, I don’t imagine they had the time to do this. Same with the temperature stability thing. -70 was probably what it was tested at. Pointless trying different temperature when there are so many hoops to jump thru and so much red tape. No pharma wants litigation. I guess the interval increase is a calculated guess.

It doesn't exist in the public domain, which is DJ's point that I respect. However both the Oxford and Moderna manufacturers provided data on first jab efficacy......I'm simply intrigued as to why Pfizer didn't, haven't and still refuse to deliver any data even if it does exist (why wouldn't it - surely they must know). No more than that.

Pfizer did provide data on first jab efficacy as per my link. On average it was 52%.

https://www.bmj.com/content/371/bmj.m4826

They use a different part of the UV spectrum for this. UV robots have been developed for disinfecting public areas in buildings such as airports, transport termini and even railway carriages.

The UV light used in the tubes in the cuvettes for UVBT or known in the US as Bio Photon Treatment or Photoluminescence is a different frequency.

Here is everyones lockdown 'light' reading

Last edited:
Pfizer did provide data on first jab efficacy as per my link. On average it was 52%.

https://www.bmj.com/content/371/bmj.m4826

They didn't however continue to compile efficacy results after the initial time frame for the first jab. For some reason Moderna did and the MHRA had data from the Oxford vaccine to enable the 12 week gap between both jabs. DJ probably best placed to explain as we've been over it a few times.

They didn't however continue to compile efficacy results after the initial time frame for the first jab. For some reason Moderna did and the MHRA had data from the Oxford vaccine to enable the 12 week gap between both jabs. DJ probably best placed to explain as we've been over it a few times.

Of the 43,448 participants a total of 21 720 people received two doses 21 days apart, and 21 728 received a placebo. So there’s no data for the efficacy of the the first jab after 21 days, since all had then received the second jab. That’s just how they did it I guess. As you say Moderna and Oxford gave the second jab after differing numbers of weeks rather than only 3 weeks and so have the data.

Oxford of course have lots of data, albeit from small test groups, purely because of a cluster**** of mistakes during global trials.

Resulting in data, for half dose, full dose, one dose for x period, then booster, one dose for y period then booster.

Some not covering all age groups and ethnicity, but enough for approval in the UK.

Pfizer appear to have done a more methodical without errors testing, or at least that’s where they are with their results.

Don’t know much about Moderna other than the UK haven’t bought much of it.

Blair backs the Johnson & Johnson vaccine on the same kind of level that Trump used to back any treatment that he had shares in. That’s a one dose vaccine so there should be good data there.

Yeah but there was still loads that were back a day before he banned it. Fucking ridiculous. What possible justification could there be for not bringing it forward one day?
The same reason they delayed lockdown, same as Christmas, If he had brought in lockdown like they have in Asia they would of been crucified.
Why give 48 hours notice
Its the British way of doing things. We don't want to upset people do we?

We are at a point now where we all need to take a step back...evaluate the scene...disassociate from political or commercial viewpoints...and seriously see ourselves into survival mode...and with thinking rigidly allied to that. Priority must be about the future of our descendants.

How the Government can allow Sport to continue is beyond my comprehension !

The constant bragging by politicians of how Britain is leading on Vaccinations getting done....now why are the other Nations like Germany not competing with our ' figures'..
How much are we to believe about these revelations...something very 'not right' ... I fear ..very strange that Germany would trail behind us..this just cannot be true..can it ?

;