Non - Pandemic

Mis information.
The government target is to offer a vaccine booking by 15 feb.
There is no study on the efficacy of offering a vaccine compared to giving the first dose.

Again Jim, are you advocating forcing people to have the vaccine? A very straightforward question.

The figures are there for all to see. One of the most pro vaccine countries in the world with a great take up rate.

Again Jim, are you advocating forcing people to have the vaccine? A very straightforward question.

The figures are there for all to see. One of the most pro vaccine countries in the world with a great take up rate.
Overall yes, but some concerning areas of non take-up, which is nothing to do with this Government.

I think the government is part of the equation in all these things. People tend to want simplistic blame or credit but there are many moving parts.

General comment rather than aimed at you Rob.
Don't get me wrong, I want to blame them ;-)

But this roll-out is going bloody well, and I can't wait to get my jab. Haven't been properly out for ages.

Don't get me wrong, I want to blame them ;-)

But this roll-out is going bloody well, and I can't wait to get my jab. Haven't been properly out for ages.

I was just writing a whinging post about how I'm completely sick of it and just want it all to end now (I am and do) when my old man just calls me... This is usually bad news because it means he's fallen over or something but this time it was because he's got a letter inviting him to book a vaccine slot and he wants me to take him.

:party::band2:

Offering the vaccine is the first step to getting everyone who needs it vaccinated, it is an easier target.
As Whitty would say the approach to medicine is all about managing the risk, there are individuals who cant or wont have the vaccine.

We will need to wait till 22 Feb to see the benefit of the rollout.

The world leading activity has of course had its flaws...

Covid vaccine: Teachers sent Covid jab booking link for NHS staff - BBC News

Offering the vaccine is the first step to getting everyone who needs it vaccinated, it is an easier target.
As Whitty would say the approach to medicine is all about managing the risk, there are individuals who cant or wont have the vaccine.

That’s akin to blaming a vulnerable old lady that because she hasn’t fitted a burglar alarm she’s at fault for being burgled.

That’s akin to blaming a vulnerable old lady that because she hasn’t fitted a burglar alarm she’s at fault for being burgled.
The lack of local policing to deter and detect the burglars is failing to protect the community. Have a crime number and contact your insurer.

Sage, Jcvi, Nervtag strategy may be that a low number of people not being vaccinated is an acceptable risk. There are people outside those identified as being eligible for vaccination and the starting population will have changed during the roll out period.

Still good news that people are starting their course of vaccination.

The lack of local policing to deter and detect the burglars is failing to protect the community. Have a crime number and contact your insurer.

Sage, Jcvi, Nervtag strategy may be that a low number of people not being vaccinated is an acceptable risk. There are people outside those identified as being eligible for vaccination and the starting population will have changed during the roll out period.

And finishing their course as well. Over half a million of the most vulnerable have had both doses.

Sorry Jim, are you advocating forced vaccines?

You mean to say that rolling out a vast new system that has never been tried before on an emergency basis, has one or two little glitches? you don't say.

No doubt if your new manager draws his first game and then wins every other game for the next 18 months, you would still be chuntering about that draw. We should aim for perfection of course, but that doesn't mean we should go on and on about it if perfection isn't achieved.

You mean to say that rolling out a vast new system that has never been tried before on an emergency basis, has one or two little glitches? you don't say.

No doubt if your new manager draws his first game and then wins every other game for the next 18 months, you would still be chuntering about that draw. We should aim for perfection of course, but that doesn't mean we should go on and on about it if perfection isn't achieved.
Emergency and Disaster Planning would have the frameworks on the shelf just needing fine tuning to match the specific event.
The need to start from scratch to get solutions up and running is a failing of COBRA and the government. The National Risk Register identifies what needs managing.
CCS's National Risk Register 2020 (publishing.service.gov.uk)
UK_National_Risk_Register_2017.pdf (publishing.service.gov.uk)

The 2004 Civil Contingencies Act set out responsibilities at local, national, agency and departmental level for different kinds of emergencies. COBR’s purpose is to keep ministers appraised of the situation, to ensure that the wider response of the government is coordinated, to record and disseminate key decisions and updates to all relevant ministers and officials, and to provide ministers and the prime minister with up to date information on the situation for any decisions that they may need to make. Following the 9/11 attacks the committee was used to take the decision to immediately close UK airspace.

COBR (COBRA) | The Institute for Government

Emergency and Disaster Planning would have the frameworks on the shelf just needing fine tuning to match the specific event.
The need to start from scratch to get solutions up and running is a failing of COBRA and the government. The National Risk Register identifies what needs managing.
CCS's National Risk Register 2020 (publishing.service.gov.uk)
UK_National_Risk_Register_2017.pdf (publishing.service.gov.uk)

The 2004 Civil Contingencies Act set out responsibilities at local, national, agency and departmental level for different kinds of emergencies. COBR’s purpose is to keep ministers appraised of the situation, to ensure that the wider response of the government is coordinated, to record and disseminate key decisions and updates to all relevant ministers and officials, and to provide ministers and the prime minister with up to date information on the situation for any decisions that they may need to make. Following the 9/11 attacks the committee was used to take the decision to immediately close UK airspace.

COBR (COBRA) | The Institute for Government
Yes, they have on-the-shelf disaster plans ready for stuff like closing airspace for a major terrorist incident. What you're complaining about is that the on-the-shelf plan doesn't have a failsafe system to ensure that not 1 person out of 66 million should be vaccinated out of order.

;