Non - Pandemic

On another note - good old SAGE wanted all under 45's to shield. Ha ha. Luckily someone in government told them that it wouldn't work.

On another note - good old SAGE wanted all under 45's to shield. Ha ha. Luckily someone in government told them that it wouldn't work.
Utter madness, like to see them try and keep me in. I really do wonder at this SAGE lot, some of their stuff is just crackpot.

Utter madness, like to see them try and keep me in. I really do wonder at this SAGE lot, some of their stuff is just crackpot.

I mean - I'm not a 'denier' I'll wear my mask inside etc..but there's a limit.

Being a runner too - imagine trying to keep us old b'stard runners inside. Good luck with that one.

Let’s hope this isn’t the case.

The mass rollout of a Covid-19 vaccine in the UK could be delayed for two years by the Government’s failure to get to grips with the supply chain requirements needed to ensure everyone can be immunised, experts claim.

Elements vital to the success of the vaccination process are in short supply, including medical-grade glass vials to store the vaccine, refrigerated lorries and aircraft to transport it, PPE when administering it, and even pallets to pack the potential cure, according to those working in the logistics and medical sectors.

One medical logistics expert involved with the delivery of the Oxford Vaccine Group (OVG) candidate told i that the Government is yet to contact the group, or its manufacturing partner AstraZeneca, to ensure supply chain procedures are in place should the vaccine gain approval later this year or in early 2021.

https://inews.co.uk/news/health/cor...-delayed-two-years-logistical-failings-663995
Some of that is plainly rubbish, pure and simple. Think about the amount of refrigerated food each individual eats and drinks each week. There are enough refrigerated lorries and pallets to move those about. It isn't going to take 2 years to find the wherewithal to transport 1 vaccine per person.

And when someone is spouting at least in part utter rubbish just because he wants to get his words into the paper, then it's hard to take anything else seriously. Safer to assume he's just a blowhard who knows nothing.

Swayne is a massive bellend but he has a point here.

I think it's pretty disgraceful that they called a press conference with a non-prediction that was demonstrably false and debunked within half an hour. Lo and behold yesterday's figure was lower than a week ago rather than double. What a shambles.
I'd like to think that, if the numbers continue to come in below that projection over time (forthcoming days/weeks?) that they will consider loosening things a little.

The idea of local lockdowns for local outbreaks seems the right way to go, although for me could still be managed better with fewer chops and changes (as the North East have seen just lately).

Obviously this is all predicated on gathering enough data through testing to be confident in the numbers. Although far and away better than the first wave, as we know needs further attention as well.

Until the elephant in the room (the likely amount of cases in the spring) is routinely mentioned - people will still seem mystified at to why the deaths and hospital admissions are still low.

Obviously they are trying to keep it on the backburner. At least the BBC pops it on the admissions graph they use on the news.

;