Non - Pandemic

ACTION must come on as sub....in the second half.
Weve had all the Rhetoric...its done in/ tired.

The last crisis of this magnitude was WW2...as we got a short way into that.. just about everyone developed a military mindset...disciplined teamwork across the nation...setting the ground for the next generations....vanquishing the enemy.

The NHS are still holding up the front - line....just.
They need the rest of us to fall in behind them...full on....leisure and education can wait until the jobs done !

Remember it well do you Brian?

Had my vaccination today at local pharmacy and didn’t feel a thing.

All set to go in car and my wife had a flat battery.

So I had to drive.

Because of that the lady who did the vaccination said you have to wait 15 minutes before driving, so went back and sat in car before driving.

Two people doing vaccinations and a steady flow of people waiting outside.

Stories passed down? Fathers, grandfathers.
Books- Films.
Avid reading of the subject over a lifetime.

I was partly, a frustrated sperm cell in Egypt at the time....the other part in an unfertilised egg in Hamworthy!

It's quite a thing how the generation that came after the war are much more nostalgic about it than those who lived through it. Almost as if those who lived through the horrors didn't really talk about them and so their children have a weirdly positive bias when discussing it. This odd nostalgia has had a large impact on our country's psyche.

Are the government going far enough with those that will need to quarantine on arrival in our country?

Labour and Scotland, plus Wales don’t think so and I intend to agree with them.

Thoughts from others?

Brits returning to the UK from high-risk coronavirus hotspots will be forced to quarantine in hotels to limit the spread of new variants, Boris Johnson confirmed today.

The Prime Minister finally announced the policy almost a year to the day after the first Covid-19 cases were discovered in the UK.

Home Secretary Priti Patel is expected to give more details shortly.

There was initial confusion about how many countries were affected. Mr Johnson said the restrictions would apply to 22 countries but 30 are the Government's hotspot list.

On one hand, figures in the UK travel industry have said it would cost them millions - dooming thousands of businesses. But on the other hand, Scottish First Minister Nicola Sturgeon and Labour leader Keir Starmer said today's plans did not go far enough.

Labour’s leader demanded all arrivals have to quarantine in hotels - not just Brits returning from hotspots where there's the danger of a new variant.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/breaking-uk-hotel-quarantine-confirmed-23390378

Last edited:
Had my vaccination today at local pharmacy and didn’t feel a thing.

All set to go in car and my wife had a flat battery.

So I had to drive.

Because of that the lady who did the vaccination said you have to wait 15 minutes before driving, so went back and sat in car before driving.

Two people doing vaccinations and a steady flow of people waiting outside.
Had mine on Saturday......no reaction, bit of a sore arm......I was surprised how many of the group I went with had a poor reaction to it....headache, really bad shivers, generally poorly for 24 hours...be interested to know how you get on...(y)

Had mine on Saturday......no reaction, bit of a sore arm......I was surprised how many of the group I went with had a poor reaction to it....headache, really bad shivers, generally poorly for 24 hours...be interested to know how you get on...(y)

Know of a husband and wife who both had the AstraZeneca vaccination at different times, husband no reaction, his wife had a bad headache.

Will let you know how I get on, feel a little tired.

Which vaccine did you have?

Good to hear you had no reaction.

Is this a spoof?
management by crisis at its worst, are cobra, sage, nervtag, jcvi providing uninformed expert advice?

Eh? They are investigating the effect on transmission. Of course they are. Every country in the world will be investigating the impact of the vaccine on transmission. You don't half pick some weird things to take issue with.

Is this a spoof?
management by crisis at its worst, are cobra, sage, nervtag, jcvi providing uninformed expert advice?
I don't understand what you see as the problem? Sage's advice all along has been that they don't know whether people who have been vaccinated are likely to pass on the disease. This study is aiming to find the answer.

Is this a spoof?
The study and data for this just doesn't exist yet, globally. Israel are further along in their rollout than anyone, and their early days findings are the best anyone in the world has on the matter currently, but its not enough yet. Of course it needs further investigation. And by more than just the UK I am sure.

The proof is, Boris should have invested in a Tardis, then he could skip forwards into the future and solve all the problems before they ever happen.

On the other hand he could go back and see where the government went wrong, stage by stage up to lockdowns.

Agree re future, to see if his hotel quarantine plan is enough or should he be even tougher.

Is this a spoof?
If you think we have problems you should see the German press today. Slaughtering their own politicians and the EU bureaucracy in equal measure while praising the Brits for their vaccine rollout. "Now we understand Brexit" was one translation - bit simplistic like most media stuff but it made me laugh.

On the other hand he could go back and see where the government went wrong, stage by stage up to lockdowns.

Agree re future, to see if his hotel quarantine plan is enough or should he be even tougher.
The hotel quarantine plan will hardly be needed or used. Who is going to travel with that kind of restriction and cost when you get back. Its all playing to the crowd.

;