Non - Pandemic

Must be very satisfying reading that as someone who's been vaccinated Billy. Give it a couple of weeks and you can start going to illegal raves again. ;)

Have to wait until April for the second jab, but it is good to hear this and the report from the AstraZeneca one yesterday which again is from Oxford.

Has your Dad had his yet?

My wife has her first jab this afternoon.

Hopefully we will all be able to return to Dean Court next season after the majority of our country have been vaccinated.

Have to wait until April for the second jab, but it is good to hear this and the report from the AstraZeneca one yesterday.

Has your Dad had his yet?

My wife has her first jab this afternoon.

Hopefully we will all be able to return to Dean Court next season after the majority of our country have been vaccinated.

No, he's housebound atm so on the list for someone to come and do it there, which will take a bit longer. I've offered to take him (least risky of his kids as I've already had the virus) but he's not going to take the risk of leaving the house. He's got carers and nurses in during the week anyway, which is a bit of a risk but they get tested regularly. All this does highlight the burden on unpaid carers though who don't get tested regularly and aren't included in the key vaccine groups.

All this does highlight the burden on unpaid carers though who don't get tested regularly and aren't included in the key vaccine groups.

Saw this highlighted by the publics questions in one of the press conferences. Hadn’t seen it raised publicly before.

Major oversight.

A vaccine to tackle the coronavirus variants could be ready to deploy by the autumn, the team behind the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine says.

Prof Andy Pollard, from Oxford University, said they were already planning to tweak the vaccine.

He said it was a relatively quick process - and would only need small trials to be done before roll-out.

There is still strong evidence existing vaccines work well against the mutations that have emerged.

Although their overall effectiveness may be weakened a little.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-5591779

Was last Matt Hancock press conference on Monday.
Exactly Bill, the priorities list was made ages ago, it shouldn’t haven taken this long to be highlighted to the point where change might happen.

From conference.

Hancock is now taking questions.

Q: Some GP surgeries are struggling to complete the first phase of the vaccine rollout by mid-February. And why are unpaid carers in group six, when they often do more face-to-face work than NHS staff in a higher priority group?

Hancock says GPs are not the only people offering vaccines. Mass vaccination centres and hospitals are also playing a part.

The rollout is happening on a mass scale, he says.

As for the priority list, he invites Prof Powis to comment. But he says the categories were determined by a clinical judgment.

Powis says the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation came up with the priority list.

The number of people administered their first vaccine dose in the UK hit 10m today!

Additional military personnel are being assigned to Scotland to assist their rollout, a tad slower so far.

The number of people administered their first vaccine dose in the UK hit 10m today!

Additional military personnel are being assigned to Scotland to assist their rollout, a tad slower so far.

My wife had a phone call earlier to say they were running early and so I drove straight to the pharmacy, parked she went straight in had jab and out in around five minutes.

Just after she went in others were turning up.

;