Non-Phone signal in ground today

red_house

UTC Legend
Notwithstanding todays awful events did anyone notice we seemed to have a full on 5G signal today.
At HT the coverage was brilliant. It's probably the first ever game I've been able to read the BBC HT results and everything else, even missed the Luton fan hitting the bar. I could hardly get 4G a few weeks back at the best of times.

Have the club instigated this or let whatever provider utilise that East / NS corner floodlight.

Notwithstanding todays awful events did anyone notice we seemed to have a full on 5G signal today.
At HT the coverage was brilliant. It's probably the first ever game I've been able to read the BBC HT results and everything else, even missed the Luton fan hitting the bar. I could hardly get 4G a few weeks back at the best of times.

Have the club instigated this or let whatever provider utilise that East / NS corner floodlight.
Strangely enough, in the Ted Mac I had probably the worst signal I've had there for aong time.

I know someone crashed their Range Rover and demolished two BT junction boxes opposite the Shed. Caused a problem as their credit card machines stopped working and people had to resort to something called cash !!!

I know someone crashed their Range Rover and demolished two BT junction boxes opposite the Shed. Caused a problem as their credit card machines stopped working and people had to resort to something called cash !!!

Everyone keeps a tenner in the back of the wallet for these sort of emergencies...no ;)

I’ve only recently got 5G but wasn’t at the game today.
Having halftime coverage is something to look forward to.

Yup - was watching Final Score on mine after Lockyer was taken off, to see what they were reporting.
In the North Stand!
Unbelievable.

I was working in Ensbury Park in the week and had 5g there,first time I've noticed it locally.
Didn't notice it at the match though.

Noticed what I thought were new antennas on the floodlights on the corner of North and East Stand but they could have been there forever. And at the exit from the north stand tunnel noticed a large square plate that looked like wifi

Vodafone have had equipment on one of the floodlights for some time. Can get 200 Mbits from home as a result (just as well, as I needed it when my fibre internet was off for 4 weeks last year)

Hold fire on the cocoa darling, I’m gonna be late.

Don’t like cocoa. :grinning:

She was coming to collect me after shopping over at Castlepoint.

Luckily she heard the news on Wave and parked in Meon Road until the game was officially abandoned and drove down and picked me up.

A new mast was installed by the slip rd from Queen’s Park rd south on to the spur rd a couple of weeks ago
Its that mast which tracks the movement of all those who took the vaccine. Previous infrastructure couldn't cope with 11000 (minus the geniuses who refused to get jabbed) in such close proximity leaving at same time.

Not that you've got long, but I always used to switch 4G on my phone off so it only used 3G and it worked perfectly at every stadium I went to. Everyone else was cramming the 4G band and 3G was left unused. 3G is being switched off imminently though, but worth a try for now. I haven't been in the ground since 5G is probably there so no idea about that.

When I come back for summer I use Giffgaff and find the O2 signal awful. Anyone on Vodafone miles better. Giffgaff suits me perfectly not being in the UK for 9 months at a time but able to keep my number without paying anything, otherwise I'd switch to Lebara.

;