Non: Pickford

Danny11

First Team
Southgate really has food for thought for which keeper to pick for the Euro's. Another shocker for Pickford today vs Utd. He's now joint top - ironically with De Gea for mistakes by a goalkeeper that have led to goals this season.

As much as I love Rambo, he is not ready for Engalnd imo - although he has been better than Pickford this season. I think Henderson or Pope will be between the posts for England come the summer.

Last edited:
...on form you pick...Foster (Watford) Pope (Burnley) Ramsdale (AFCB) as your three keepers...
i would put fraser foster in the mix as well i know he only playing for celtic but still doing well and keeping clean sheets

...on form you pick...Foster (Watford) Pope (Burnley) Ramsdale (AFCB) as your three keepers...
I agree. I think it would be good for England and Rambo if he were to be picked as the young understudy and third keeper. For England it introduces Ramsdale to the senior setup without any real pressure and for Rambo it’s a little reward and an encouragement to keep doing what he’s doing, It shows him that even at senior level England see him as potentially one for the future. I could see it happening, succession planning and all that.

I think Ramsdale is at the level Pickford was in his Sunderland days. I seem to remember him having a very good game at Dean Court in their relegation season.

For me, Ramsdale has been our player of the season so far and can only improve, hopefully with us.

Let's keep him out of the national spotlight for a bit longer.

Foster was toilet last time he had a run in the England side, wasn't he? That said, he's been very good this season and I'd be happy with him between the sticks as is.

On a slightly related note, anyone think it's weird how keepers tend to be brilliant between 20-25, then have a few years of being terrible and making mistakes, then pickup form again into their 30s? Seems to have happened with countless keepers countless times, Joe Hart being the exception. He seems to just keep getting crapper.

As for Rambo, I think picking him as 3rd keeper would indeed be great for him.

It'll be Pickford as first choice, with Henderson and Pope. Don't think he'll drop Pickford or pope from the squad, and Henderson is the media favourite despite being on the same level as Rambo IMO.

I think Ramsdale is at the level Pickford was in his Sunderland days. I seem to remember him having a very good game at Dean Court in their relegation season.

For me, Ramsdale has been our player of the season so far and can only improve, hopefully with us.

Let's keep him out of the national spotlight for a bit longer.
He was great against us that day,prone to mistakes now,and smiles everytime he makes one.Very annoying

Foster was toilet last time he had a run in the England side, wasn't he? That said, he's been very good this season and I'd be happy with him between the sticks as is.

On a slightly related note, anyone think it's weird how keepers tend to be brilliant between 20-25, then have a few years of being terrible and making mistakes, then pickup form again into their 30s? Seems to have happened with countless keepers countless times, Joe Hart being the exception. He seems to just keep getting crapper.

As for Rambo, I think picking him as 3rd keeper would indeed be great for him.
Ben Foster played 8 times for England retired to spend more time with his family instead of sitting on the bench, one hell of a goalkeeper.Dont remember him playing badly for his nation.

;