NON - Poole Town FC

Has Matt actually managed a team before? Think he was a coach at bashley and gosport borough before?

Worst run since pre-Tommy days.

They steadied themselves after a bit of an exodus, then Tony Lee decided he wanted out, too.

But no chance Tubbs will be show the door. Rossiter and the board took too much of a chance on sacking Tommy to bring him in.

New stadium is their whole focus. No future in where they get to and stay in the Southern Conference at Tatnam - they've played the least number of games in the league due to postponements, failing floodlights etc... by the end of the month Dorchester could be above them in the league.

Yeah exodus of players plus wonder how much of a shadow lingers around him after allegations 18 months ago... which afaik didnt go any further and he's innocent, but perhaps stress, ordeal left scars and he wants a change. I dont know of course, just a suggestion.

On the Poole Town Forum one chap thinks the site could be in Creekmore. A community hub which will be revealed as and when the new local plan is revealed soon. Poole Town say they are in negotiations with the Council. Perhaps a 3G pitch set up like Dorchester.

Was it ever revealed why they left the stadium which was an ideal locatipon all round? The site is designated for sport but with the future of speedway uncertain if "sports" facilities are provided elsewehere in the Borough then the Council could develop the stadium site for more flats, no parking but with a bike store which is their anti car solution to any new in town developemt.

On the Poole Town Forum one chap thinks the site could be in Creekmore. A community hub which will be revealed as and when the new local plan is revealed soon. Poole Town say they are in negotiations with the Council. Perhaps a 3G pitch set up like Dorchester.

Was it ever revealed why they left the stadium which was an ideal locatipon all round? The site is designated for sport but with the future of speedway uncertain if "sports" facilities are provided elsewehere in the Borough then the Council could develop the stadium site for more flats, no parking but with a bike store which is their anti car solution to any new in town developemt.
Didnt they leave the stadium because of the Dog track (which has since gone) causing issues?
I heard that any new home for Poole Town may include a new home for Poole Pirates. Don't know how likely that is though.

Didnt they leave the stadium because of the Dog track (which has since gone) causing issues?
I heard that any new home for Poole Town may include a new home for Poole Pirates. Don't know how likely that is though.
In the old days with the dog track and speedway the football pitch was basically squeezed in. IIRC they actually used to put part of the 4 corners for the football pitch in before each game as they were taken out or covered up to enable the other sports to have enough room.

In the old days with the dog track and speedway the football pitch was basically squeezed in. IIRC they actually used to put part of the 4 corners for the football pitch in before each game as they were taken out or covered up to enable the other sports to have enough room.
I played at Poole town stadium many years ago towards the end of the season and the four corners had no grass but a sand type structure. Was a nightmare taking corners, bit like a bunker shot having to get the ball back over pitch level!

When we were in L2 I used to think what a derby it would be if they ever made it.
But with experience you learn that everyone in Poole supports Bournemouth or one of the big 6 so it would be pointless. A rival needs to be at least 15/20 miles away to make a difference in rivalry especially if it's not a city of millions.
I think the last shred of respect I lost for Poole Town was when they won the Southern League and were refused promotion because they played on a Sunday pitch and they just accepted it.

I went with some mates. Have a vague recollection of some 80s style aggro before or after the game.
Police dogs chasing people around the car park after, and some unfortunate roadworks near the level crossing that allowed for some lumps of whatever easily thrown when the away fans train left. So I heard.

Was it that game? Thought that was later, I must be older than I thought...

When we were in L2 I used to think what a derby it would be if they ever made it.
But with experience you learn that everyone in Poole supports Bournemouth or one of the big 6 so it would be pointless. A rival needs to be at least 15/20 miles away to make a difference in rivalry especially if it's not a city of millions.
I think the last shred of respect I lost for Poole Town was when they won the Southern League and were refused promotion because they played on a Sunday pitch and they just accepted it.
A hell of a lot of Poole based Bournemouth fans would have switched their allegiance very quickly had Poole made it into the division 4 ..any idea of that ever happening died when they were turfed out of Poole stadium .

A hell of a lot of Poole based Bournemouth fans would have switched their allegiance very quickly had Poole made it into the division 4 ..any idea of that ever happening died when they were turfed out of Poole stadium .
I have my doubts mate they never got anywhere close to even the National League, even Weymouth got to that level once.
After Boscombe hospital got knocked down after 1991 most people born down here would've been born in Poole including most of our younger fans but it makes no difference as both towns are too similar in nearly every way and the tripod that is the BCP area.

I have my doubts mate they never got anywhere close to even the National League, even Weymouth got to that level once.
After Boscombe hospital got knocked down after 1991 most people born down here would've been born in Poole including most of our younger fans but it makes no difference as both towns are too similar in nearly every way and the tripod that is the BCP area.
Hey it was just a pipe dream I know…bit like those lot just up the Wessex way getting to the Premier league .

;