Non, pop ups

johnbob

Star Player
Can any one advise how to stop pop ups on this site when I'm on 3G, it driving me mad, soon as I clip on site pop. On I phone
Help

Same as me. Absolute nightmare. Don't get them on the PC or laptop but some days I can't even get on the site from my phone.

Hi there

A couple of questions

I assume you are UK users?

Which phone are you using?

I am in the UK and have browsed on iPhone and Android phone and at 18:10 am having no issues barring the occasional ad slowing the page down.

Regards

Vital Football Admin

Didn't DJ say the other day that Vitals was being updated to make it more mobile phone friendly? Some sites have already changed.

I had to give up, on the tablet, last night. Just kept getting ads for Uber app. Been OK today : )

Hi again

Vital Football will be updating the forums. The Villa forum has been trialled first and a few others have the new mobile friendly forum.

The Villa forum got very good feedback but as you would expect some comments needed addressing. Those comments were addressed and the forum updated.

Your site will be amongst the last as we want to get things as close to 100% as we can, although we know we cannot please everyone.

-----------

Adverts.

There should be less ads on the mobile forum.

Three ads, one at the top, one in the middle and one at the bottom should be displayed on every mobile forum page.

Then, at times one 'takeover' ad which needs to be closed by hitting an 'X' button - these should not appear more than once in 24 hours for a user.

All this ad serving is out of our hands. We have had a number of conversations with ad agencies about mulitple pop ups in one 24 hour period or ads where you cannot easily click the 'X' button.

All we can say is the agency understands what we say as we impressed on them very stongly the need to keep to these guidlelines.

Bottom line is at Vital we DO listen and we try to balance the ads to keep the network running and not p*ssing off our readers.

Vital Football Admin

billythekid - 26/10/2016 18:29

Didn't DJ say the other day that Vitals was being updated to make it more mobile phone friendly? Some sites have already changed.

I did.

http://www.bournemouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=77518&posts=19

I made a few requests to tweak and as VitalAdmin alluded to they are being implemented before things are rolled out for us.

Dear Mr Admin,

I notice that on the Villa site you now have a "like" button on each post.

Can I be the first on here to complain?

That sort of thing just encourages them; a "this is drivel" button would be of more use.

No button at all would be best,have you thought of maybe velcro or a zip?

I hope you take these constructive points on board, as I consider myself to be typical of the type of person you are trying to attract.

Yours, in continence, Ken

It's on my I phone, ok when at home on wi fi, same on I pad. Getting to the point, going to give up and not come on site.

Using iphone 6s, been a nightmare eg unworkable as unopenable

Would pay for an ad free vitals login option.

How much not so sure!

I reckon its affected other postings as seems quieter, which will ultimately affect usage and ad revenues?

My android phone often diverts to the store and some random app, the site is unavailable when this happens as the divert always occurs. Only seen it happen on yellow buses hi fi. So it could be them.

Seems ok this morning.

I'm in Spain. On my iPhone using wifi I can't view this site at all.
Various adverts pop up and I'm unable to get rid of them.

I've started to use this site via the bronzevitalnetwork address, which I found via Google. Works a treat, which is good because I had basically given up trying to use this site, it had become hopeless these past few months.

On my phone, I get a huge banner ad (or two) at the top of the page that can slow the site opening for anything between 30 seconds (using wifi) and 2 minutes (if the network coverage is poor).

Quite simply as those advertisers are annoying me, I an unlikely to buy their products or use their services.

Adverts are what pay for vitals and make it free for us users, but if the ads prevent me from usiuíng the site, what then?

;