Non RAC

hba1

Fans' Favourite
RAC renewal came through what rate of inflation are they using?

Been lazy in the past so going to try the comparison sites to try and find cheaper cover and cut out those add ons. One of those things we need just in case.

Anybody with positive experiences of other organisations?

I had the same about two weeks back. I have RAC European cover and it’s almost doubled from last years price… Let me know how you get on, however, I’m more about the level of service in France than in the UK.

If you're reasonably happy with them, find the cheapest option elsewhere and then ask them to match the price

Works with the AA every time

Got green flag as cheapest I can find every year including european cover for my fishing trips to France.Rac are rubbish broke down recently and insurance company use them was just on way home from Salisbury hospital with my daughter who had had a pretty big operation and still a lot of discomfort.Told the rac this when I phoned after an hour to see where they were was supposedly put to a cat one call out,long story took 6 hours for a recovery lorry to turn up in verwood forest road.He loaded car said couldn't wait and taxi will be here soon,1 hour later after lots of calls it arrived we had been left stood in dark for all that time.Wrote to their chief executive and after 1 week a customer service person replied send details and they would look into it.I pointed out all details were in the email I had sent if they read it,2 weeks later a reply saying they had looked into it and spoke to recovery company as mistakes made,but thanks for letting them know.Go on facebook page about rac and see every day people posting poor service,rant over and sorry for that.

Been very pleased with the AA over the years.

Last time we used them was on the way home from Dean Court on a Saturday this year after one of our 3 pm games and got in a traffic queue, my wife’s car suddenly had steam coming out of bonnet so we pulled over and contacted the AA.

Told they would be about an hour, but he turned up much quicker, diagnosed the problem and followed us all the way safely home to make sure there were no further problems.

It turned out the fan wasn’t going round and being stuck in traffic made car overheat.

Re RAC they send emails re 50% off.

Been very pleased with the AA over the years.

Last time we used them was on the way home from Dean Court on a Saturday this year after one of our 3 pm games and got in a traffic queue, my wife’s car suddenly had steam coming out of bonnet so we pulled over and contacted the AA.

Told they would be about an hour, but he turned up much quicker, diagnosed the problem and followed us all the way safely home to make sure there were no further problems.

It turned out the fan wasn’t going round and being stuck in traffic made car overheat.

Re RAC they send emails re 50% off.

I have found GEM to be pretty reliable although probably not the cheapest. We get cover (full recovery etc) for both cars and any driver for about £80.
https://www.motoringassist.com/

The cheapest is for new clients, so use a different name or different address ( family member close by ) you don't need home start when you at home because your not if you get what I saying ?
How many quote online with the same company are cheaper than renewals......thieving barstewards preying on those who can least afford it.

I renewed with the RAC last month. Their initial quote was for a 30% increase !! I told them “I’m not paying that and will only pay the same as last year”. They offered me an 18 month deal that was equivalently a more competitive deal than last year !!

Breakdown companies are hoping that people just auto renew and don't bother questioning. For 5 years every year the AA wouuld massively increase, I would phone up to cancel, they would bring the price back.

RAC tried to put my price right up, phoned them, said no, they offered extras, which I didn't need, so said no, renewed the same cover for same price as last year.

I've never had to use the cover, touch wood, so a few years ago I went with a company where your covered for one call a year, works out way cheaper. And in the event of having to use it, I would buy another cover.
Currently with emergency assist Ltd, 2 cars for £37, covered everywhere in uk.

I have FORD INSURE as always buy from same dealership since I moved up here, last year a car drove straight into me causing severe damage, it took seven months to put right and at one stage I was being taken to court over the hire car that had been provided to me, as the other insurer refused to pay for it, absolute joke these days.

All these responses are the UK in a nut shell. Over priced and a bad service.
Our insurence, covers break down, glass and will deliver you to your local garage and then take you home.
they are very quick to respond, hopefully I won't need these services.

LV insurance and Britannia Rescue for breakdown. Both offer a very good service (LV are very good payers, up there with NFU) and Britannia are linked to them.
If you work for, or have worked for, any sort of Civil Service organisation, you can join the CSAM and get very good deals with them (and some good events too)
LV of course, bought Frizzells, so you're supporting local business too.

Get mine through Nationwide bank a/c - Flex Plus a/c costs £13 a month but includes full AA coverage for both cars and drivers, Worldwide annual travel cover and Mobile phone insurance. £156 for all that lot is pretty good considering the travel insurance probably would cost at least that on its own.

Get mine through Nationwide bank a/c - Flex Plus a/c costs £13 a month but includes full AA coverage for both cars and drivers, Worldwide annual travel cover and Mobile phone insurance. £156 for all that lot is pretty good considering the travel insurance probably would cost at least that on its own.
The problem with insurances is its not clear what's actually covered. Travel insurance is only good for medical cover, most other things you'll never get a claim through. Anything lost is not covered it left unattended, so unless your mugged, how can you lose something without leaving it unattended.
Same with mobile phone cover, I wanted it for my wife as she has a habit of leaving phones in places. When you call them they can't explain which circumstances are covered and which are not. Basically if you leave it on the table in a pub and it disappears then not covered. So when would they pay for accidental loss?

The problem with insurances is its not clear what's actually covered. Travel insurance is only good for medical cover, most other things you'll never get a claim through. Anything lost is not covered it left unattended, so unless your mugged, how can you lose something without leaving it unattended.
Same with mobile phone cover, I wanted it for my wife as she has a habit of leaving phones in places. When you call them they can't explain which circumstances are covered and which are not. Basically if you leave it on the table in a pub and it disappears then not covered. So when would they pay for accidental loss?
Must admit when it comes to travel insurance it is the medical cover and cancellation cover that only concerns me. Had a couple of big claims a few years back that were paid without question and dealt with brilliantly by the insurer.

;