Non - rats

Has anybody experienced any rats in their homes over the past few weeks? I've read that now restaurants and pubs are closed they are seeking out new food sources.

We have had a rat issue for over a week now and live quite close to the stadium so wondering if they have wandered our way. Droppings found most mornings and even though I've tried to seal various holes (100 year old house) it was stilll about. Probably in the wall cavity. No luck with the humane trap we've bought to catch it live.

This morning we did find it behind a flour tin in the pantry and chased it out the house. Who knows if that was the only one! Off to disinfect the kitchen, again....

If you poison it and it leaves the house to die, you will subsequently poison a barn owl or fox or badger or buzzard or red kite etc

Plus if you use poison and it dies in a wall cavity you'll be infested with flies for months. I've found that peanut butter is a good bait in the past. Peppermint oil is supposed to be a good deterrent as well.

Plus if you use poison and it dies in a wall cavity you'll be infested with flies for months. I've found that peanut butter is a good bait in the past. Peppermint oil is supposed to be a good deterrent as well.
Had exactly that problem. There were hundreds of flies in the loft, I think they are called Flesh flies.
Didn't take long to kill them. Sprayed a couple of tins over a seven day period, Sealed the hatch with tape to exclude light source. Haven't yet found the rat though

U need to block all holes however small, not forgetting rodent proof mesh in any vents to the outside. And deny them all sources of food. Then bate um. If they keep taking the bait then the next step is fitting a non return valve to your waste pipe. If you share drains with a neighbour then the water co is responsible and should fit the valve at their expense.

;